- Volume 37 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Fault diagnosis system of the short circuit conditions in windings for synchronous generator
동기발전기 권선단락사고 고장진단 시스템
- Jang, Nakwon (Division of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Korea Maritime University) ;
- Lee, SungHwan (Division of Energy & Electrical Engineering, Uiduk University)
- Received : 2013.04.09
- Accepted : 2013.06.03
- Published : 2013.07.31
As the increasing of capacity and technology of power facilities, rotating machines are getting higher at capacity and voltage scale. Thus the monitoring and diagnosis of generators for fault detection has attracted intensive interest. In this paper, we developed fault diagnosis system for monitoring the fault operations in bad power systems. In order to verify the performance of this fault diagnosis system, we made the small scaled testing system which has the same winding structure of the real synchronous generator. The magnetic flux patterns in air-gap of a small-scale generator under various fault states as well as a normal state are tested by hall sensors and the fault detection system.
- R. C. Patterson, "A quantum leap into the IED age", The 39th Rural Electric Power Annual Conference, pp. (B1)-1-5, 1996.
- W. A. Elmore, C. A. Kramer, and S. E. Zocholl, "Effect of waveform distortion on protective relays", Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, 1991, Conference Record of the 1991 IEEE , vol. 2, pp. 1802-1811 vol.2 1991.
- J. P. Sturgess, M. Zhu, D. C. MacDonald, "Finite-element simulation of a generator on load during and after a three phase fault", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, vol. 7, pp. 787-793, Dec. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.182663
- R. Wamkeue, I. Kamwa, M. Chacha, "Line to line short circuit based finite element performance and parameter predictions of large hydrogenerator", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, vol. 18, pp. 370-378, Sept. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2003.815672
- Hong-Kyw Choi, Nak-Won Jang, Hong-Seung Kim, "Electro-thermal chatacteristic of hole-type phase change memory", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 131-137, Jan. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2009.33.1.131
- Nak-Won Jang, Chun-Hee Woo, Sung-Hwan Lee, "A study on the design of the bay controller for generator protection and control", Treans. The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, vol. 59P, no. 1, pp. 46-56, Mar. 2008.
- Nak-Won Jang, Jeong do park, Sunghwan Lee, "A study on the digital protective relay for generator fault protection", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, vol. 33, no. 8, pp. 1232-1238, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2009.33.8.1232
- Sung-Hwan Lee, "A study on the protection and measuring algorithm of IED in load condition", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 527-532, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2012.36.4.527
- R. Burch, F. N. Najm, P. Yang, and T. N. Trick, "A monte carlo approach for power estimation," IEEE Trans. on Very Large Scale Integration systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 63-71, March 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/92.219908
- A. Papoulis, Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes, 3rd Edition, New York: McGraw-Hill, 1991.