- Volume 62 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
An Efficient AMI Simulator Design adapted in Smart Grid
스마트그리드에서의 효율적인 AMI 구현을 위한 통합 시뮬레이터 설계
- Yang, Il-Kwon (Software Center, KEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Seung-Hwan (Software Center, KEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Sang-Ho (Dept. of Software, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2013.08.13
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.10.01
The Smart Grid, which can monitor or diagnose the power grid in real time to operate efficiently, has been pushed ahead systematically as one of alternatives to solve these issues by combining the advanced Information Communication Technology and the electrical network. Hence, the electric company which introduces smart grid technology can read remotely the electrical meter readings by means of two-way communication between the meter and the central system. This enabled the customer and the utility to take part in reasonable electrical energy utilization. AMI became one of the core foundations in realizing the Smart Grid. It is hard to test the entire process of AMI system before the full deployment because it covers the broad objects from the customer to the utility operation system and requires mass data handling and management. Therefore, we design an efficient AMI network model and a simulator for performance evaluation required to simulate the network model similar to the real environment. This tool supports to evaluate the efficiency of the AMI network equipments and deployment. Additionally, it estimates the appropriate number of deployments and the proper capabilities.
Supported by : Ministry of Knowledge Economy
- SAIC Smart Grid Team "San Diego Smart Grid Study Final Report" Oct. 2006
- Kim, "Smartgrid Information& Communication Tech.", Journal of the Electrical World, p. 47-52. 3. 2010
- I.W. Lee, J.I.Lee, "Smartgrid Information& Communication Tech.", Information and Communications, pp. 3-11. 2010.
- Hart, D.G, "Using AMI to Realize the Smart Grid", IEEE PES General Meeting, pp. 1-2, July 2008
- Hoi Yan Tung, Kim Fung Tsang, Ka Lun Lam, "ZigBee Sensor Network for Advanced Metering Infrastructure" pp.95-96, 2010
- J.J.Lee, "The Structure of AMI", Information and Communications, pp. 17-22, 4. 2010.
- Cleveland, F.M, "Cyber security issues for Advanced Metering Infrastructure", Power and Energy Society General Meeting- Conversion and Delivery of Electrical Energy in the 21st Century, 2008 IEEE, pp.1-5, 2008.
- Shang-Wen Luan, Jen-Hao Teng, Shun-Yu Chan, Lain-Chyr Hwang, "Development of an Automatic Reliability Calculation System for Advanced Metering Infrastructure", 8th IEEE International Conference on Industrial Information, pp342-347, 2010
- B.K.Song, S.B.Kim, J.C.Kim, "Grid Structure for AMI Smart Metering", Smartgrid Society Spring Conference, 2009.
- Breslau L, Estrine D, Fall K, Floyd S, Heidemann L, Helmy A, Huang P, McCanne S, Varadhan K, Ya Xu, Haobo Yu, "Advances in network simulation", IEEE Journals & Magazines, pp59-67, 2000.
- The VINT Project, "The ns Manual", 2011