- Volume 62 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Propagation Characteristics of Lightning Surge according to the Type of Branch Line in Distribution System
배전계통에서 분기선로 형태에 따른 뇌서지 전달특성 해석
- Seo, Hun-Chul (Department of Electrical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Han, Jun (College of Information & Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Kim, Yun-Gon (College of Information & Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Kim, Chul-Hwan (College of Information & Communication Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Choi, Sun-Kyu (KEPRI) ;
- Lee, Byung-Sung (KEPRI) ;
- Rhee, Sang-Bong (Department of Electrical Engineering, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2012.09.11
- Accepted : 2013.01.29
- Published : 2013.10.01
This paper analyzes the propagation characteristics of lightning surge according to the type of branch line in distribution system. The types of branch line considered are H-type and PI-type. At each type, the length of main feeder is same, while the number and length of branch line are different. The distribution line is modeled and the various lightning locations are simulated by Electromagnetic Transient Program(EMTP). For each lightning, the various measuring points are selected. Based on the simulation results, the propagation characteristics of lightning surge at each measuring point are analyzed. The analyzed results are verified by travelling wave theory.
Supported by : 한국전력공사
- Mario Paolone, Carlo Alberto Nucci, Emanuel Petrache, and Farhad Rachidi, "Mitigation of Lightning-Induced Overvoltages in Medium Voltage Distribution Lines by Means of Periodical Grounding of Shielding Wires and of Surge Arresters: Modeling and Experimental Validation", IEEE Trans. On Power Delivery, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 423-431, JANUARY 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2003.820196
- Vernon Cooray, "Lightning Protection", IET Power and Energy Series 58.
- Alberto Borghetti, Carlo Alberto Nucci, Mario Paolone, "Indirect-Lightning Performance of Overhead Distribution Networks With Complex Topology", IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp.2206-2213 October 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2009.2021038
- "Guide for improving the lightning performance of electric power overhead distribution lines," IEEE Std 1410, 2010, IEEEWorking Group on the lightning performance of distribution lines.
- Allan Greenwood, "Electrical Transients in Power Systems", John Wiley & Sons 1991.