- Volume 62 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
An Improved Electronic Esophageal Stethoscope using Sound and Pressure Sensors
소리/압력센서를 이용한 전자식도청진기
- Min, Kyung-Deuk (Dept. of Electronics Eng., Chungbuk National Univ.) ;
- Shin, Young-Duck (Dept. of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Chungbuk National Univ. Hospital) ;
- Jeon, Yong-Wook (Dept. of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Chungbuk National Univ. Hospital) ;
- Lee, Tae-Soo (Dept. of Biomedical Eng., Chungbuk National Univ.) ;
- Kim, Young-Chol (Dept. of Electronics Eng., Chungbuk National Univ.)
- Received : 2013.07.09
- Accepted : 2013.09.12
- Published : 2013.10.01
Esophageal stethoscope is used for monitoring the heart sounds and breath sounds of patients during surgery under a general anesthesia. Recently, an electronic esophageal stethoscope (EES) has been developed for the purpose of real-time monitoring these information visually. This system uses only a microphone as the sound sensor. A drawback of the EES system is that it may be difficult to distinguish the first sound (
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J.Y. Shin, S.W. Lim, Y.C. Kim, S.J. Kim, E.J. Cha, and T.S. Lee, "Portable Digital Esophageal Stethoscope System," Proc. Annual International Conf. of the IEEE EMBS, pp. 1844-1847, Buenos Aires, Argentina, August, 2010.
- G. Tilkian, Understanding Heart Sounds and Murmurs, Elsevier, 2003.
- S.H. Park, Y.D. Shin, J.H. Bae, E.J. Kwon, T.S. Lee, J.Y. Shin, Y.C. Kim, G.D.Min, M.H. Kim, "Heart sounds analysis via esophageal stethoscope system in beagles," Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing, vol.27, no.2, Springer, March, 2013.
- M.C. Grenier, K. Gagnon, J. Genest Jr., J. Durand, and L.G. Durand, "Clinical comparison of acoustic and electronic stethoscopes and design of a new electronic stethoscope, " American Journal of Cardiology, vol.81, pp.653-656, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9149(97)00977-6
- J.Y. Shin, Y.C. Kim, S.W. Lim, J.H. Bae, Y.D. Shin, and T.S. Lee, "A Digital Esophageal Stethoscope System for Monitoring Anesthetized Patients," Biomed. Eng. Letters, vol.2, pp. 265-270, Springer, Dec. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13534-012-0080-9
- R.J. Hall, Auscultation: Clinical Evaluation and Decision Making, Texas Heart Institute, Houston, 1988.
- P. Forgacs, Lung Sounds, Balliere Tindoll, London, 1978.