- Volume 62 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Water-cooling Jacket Design of IPMSM for Railway Vehicles
철도차량용 IPMSM의 Water-cooling Jacket 설계 연구
- Park, Chan-Bae (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Jun-Ho (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Byung-Song (Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.09.09
- Accepted : 2013.09.13
- Published : 2013.10.01
In this paper, the basic design study of a water-cooling jacket, which have reported no cases for applying to railway traction motors so far, were conducted for applying to Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (IPMSM) for railway vehicles. The basic thermal characteristics analysis of the 110kW-class IPMSM was performed by using 3-dimentional thermal equivalent network method. The necessary design requirements of the water-cooling jacket were derived by analyzing the results of the basic thermal properties. Next, the thermal characteristics analysis technique was established by using the equivalent model of the solenoid-typed pipe to be installed on the inside of the water-cooling jacket for 110kW-class IPMSM. Finally, a design model of 6kW-class water-cooling jacket was derived through the analysis of various design parameters.
- A. F. Armor, and M. V. K. Chari, "Heat flow in the stator core of large turbine-generators by the method of three dimensional Finite Elements (Part II : Temperature distribution in the stator iron)," IEEE Transactions on PAS, PAS-95(5), pp. 1657-1668, 1976.
- C.B Park, H.W. Lee, B. S. Lee, "A Study on the Reduction of the Stator Iron Loss on Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor for light Railway Transit Propulsion System," Journal of the Korean Society for Railway," Vol.15, No.4, pp. 376-380, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.4.376
- C.B Park, H.W. Lee, B. S. Lee, "Investigation of a thermal analysis method for IPMSM in railway vehicles, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway," Vol.16, No.2, pp. 99-103, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.2.099
- C. B. Park, "A Study on the Thermal Characteristics of 110kW-class IPMSM for Light Railway Transit using the 3˗Dimensional Thermal Equivalent Network considering Heat Source by Iron Loss Density Distributions," The transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol.62, No.7, pp. 1038-1044, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.7.1038
- Y. Bayazitoglu and M. N. Ozisik, "Element of Heat Transfer." New York : McGraw-Hill, 1988.
- F. Kreith and M. S. Bohn, "Principles of Heat Transfer : 5th edition," St. Paul, MN : West Publishing, 1993.
- T. Jokinen and J. Saari, "Modeling of the coolant flow with heat flow controlled temperature sources in thermal networks," IEE Proceeding of Electrical Power Applications, Vol.144, No.5, 1997.
- J.H. Choi, S.M. Jang, C. Han, J.H. Ahn, K.H. Sim, "Electromagnetic loss and thermal analysis on high speed PM motor for turbo compressor," KIEE Summer Conference 2012, pp. 618-619, 2012.
- J. Driesen, R. J. M. Belmans, and K. Hameyer, "Finite-element modeling of thermal contact resistances and insulation layers in electrical machines," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.37, No.1, pp. 15-20, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.903121
- Batchelor, G. K., "An Introduction to Fluid Dynamics," Cambridge University Press, 1967.
- A Study on the Design of a 130kW-class IPMSM for Propulsion of Tram-Train vol.19, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.4.427