- Volume 62 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Robust Internal Model Control of Three-Phase Active Power Filter for Stable Operation in Electric Power Equipment
전력설비의 안정한 운용을 위한 3상 능동전력필터의 강인한 내부모델제어
- Park, Ji-Ho (Korea Electro Technology Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Dong-Wan (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2013.09.10
- Accepted : 2013.09.24
- Published : 2013.10.01
A new simple control method for active power filter, which can realize the complete compensation of harmonics is proposed. In the proposed scheme, a model-based digital current control strategy is presented. The proposed control system is designed and implemented in a form referred to as internal model control structure. This method provides a convenient way for parameterizing the controller in term of the nominal system model, including time-delays. As a result, the resulting controller parameters are directly set based on the power circuit parameters, which make tuning of the controllers straightforward task. In the proposed control algorithm, overshoots and oscillations due to the computation time delay is prevented by explicit incorporating of the delay in the controller transfer function. In addition, a new compensating current reference generator employing resonance model implemented by a DSP(Digital Signal Processor) is introduced. Resonance model has an infinite gain at resonant frequency, and it exhibits a band-pass filter. Consequently, the difference between the instantaneous load current and the output of this model is the current reference signal for the harmonic compensation.
- H. Akagi, "New Trends in Active Filters for Power Conditioning," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 1312-1322, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.556633
- S. Buso, L. Malesani, and P. Mattavelli, "Comparison of Current Control Techniques for Active Filter Applications," IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 722-729, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.720328
- S. Buso, L. Malesani, P. Mattavelli, and R. Veronese, "Design and Fully Digital Control of Parallel Active Filters for Thyristor Rectifiers to Comply with IEC-1000-3-2Standards," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 508-517, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.673721
- L. Malesani, P. Mattavelli, and S. Buso, "Robust Dead-Beat Current Control for PWM Rectifier and Active Filters," IEEE Trans. Ind. Applicat., Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 613-620, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.767012
- M. Sedighy, S. B. Dewan, and F. P. Dawson, "Internal Model Control of VSC-Based Active Power Filters," in IEEE PESC'99 Rec., pp. 155-160, 1999.
- M. Sedighy, S. B. Dewan, and F. P. Dawson, "A Robust Digital Current Control Method for Active Power Filters," in Proceedings IEEE APEC'99, pp. 635-641, 1999.
- Y. Sato, T. Sugita, and T. Kataoka, "A New Control Method for Current Source Active Power Filters," in Conf. Rec. IEEE-IAS Annu. Meeting, pp. 1463-1470, 1997.
- J. H. Park, D. R. Shin, T. K. Roh, I. M. Ahn, H. W. Lee, and J. I. Woo, "Deadbeat Control of Three Phase Voltage Source Active Power Filter using Sinusoidal Tracking Model," in Proceedings IEEE TENCON'99, pp. 1442-1445, 1999.
- J. H. Park, T. K. Roh, H. W. Lee, and J. I. Woo, "Robust Digital Control of Shunt Active Power Filter using Resonance Model for Thyristor Rectifier," ICEE2K Proceedings, pp. 986-989, 2000.
- J. H. Park, D. R. Shin, D. W. Kim, H. W. Lee, and J. I. Woo, "Internal Model Control of Active Power Filter using Resonance Model," ISIE2001 Proceedings, pp. 1912-1918, 2001.
- J. H. Park and D. W. Kim, "Deadbeat Control of Three-Phase Active Power Filter using Resonance Model," Trans. KIEE, Vol. 56P, No. 3, pp. 136-141, 2007.
- J. H. Park, H. C. Cho and D. W. Kim, "Neural PID Based MPPT Algorithm for Photovoltaic Generator System", New & Renewable Energy Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 14-22, 2012.