- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Effect of Active Change of Foot Progression Angle on Lower Extremity Joint During Gait
보행 시 의도적인 발 디딤 각도 변화가 하지 관절 부하에 미치는 영향
- Go, Eun-Ae (Department of Sport Science, Kookmin University) ;
- Hong, Su-Yeon (Department of Sport Science, Kookmin University) ;
- Lee, Ki-Kang (Department of Sport Science, Kookmin University) ;
- An, Keun-Ok (Department of Sport Science, Dankook University)
- Received : 2013.02.18
- Accepted : 2013.03.20
- Published : 2013.03.31
Efficient gait is compensate for a lack of exercise, but the wrong walking can cause disease that joints, muscles, brain and body structure(Scott & Winter, 1990). Also many researchers has been studied gait of positive mechanism using analytical methods kinetic, kinematic. This study is to identify nature of knee adduction moment, depending on different foot progression angle and the movement of rotation of pelvis and body. Health study subject conducted intended walking with three different angles. The subjects of this study classified three types of walking; walk erect, pigeon-toed walk and an out-toed gait. Ten university students of K without previous operation and disease record selected for this study. For accuracy of this study, three types of walking carried out five times with 3D image analysis and using analysis of ground reaction force to analyze nature of knee adduction moment and the movement of rotation of pelvis and body. Firstly, the HC(heel contact) section value of intended walk erect, pigeon-toed walk and an out-toed gait was not shown statistically significant difference but TO(toe off) section value was shown that the pigeon-toed walk statistically significant. The value of pigeon-toed walk was smallest knee adduction moment(p< 0.005). Secondly, X axis was the change of rotation movement body and pelvis when walk erect, pigeon-toed walk and an out-toed gait. Shown statistically Y axis was not shown statistically significant but Z axis statistically significant(p<0.05). These result show the significant differences on TO section when walking moment reaches HC, it decides the walking types and rotates the foot.
- Guo, M., Axe, M. J., & Manal, K.(2007). The influence of foot progression angle o the knee adduction moment during walking and stair climbing in pain free individuals with knee osteoarthritis. Gait & Posture, 26, 436-441. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2006.10.008
- Hamill, J., & Knutzen, K.M.(1995). Biomechanical basis of Human movement. Williams & Wilkins, A Wavery Company.
- Kim, D. H.(2009). The Effect of Pelvic Tilt on Mechanical Variables of Lower Extremities during Walking in Female Adults. Korea National Sports University.
- Lamoth, C. J., Beek, P. J., & Meijer, O. G.(2002). Pelvis-thorax coordination in the transverse plane during gait. Gait & Posture, 16(2), 101-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(01)00146-1
- Lin, C. J., Lai, K. A., Lin, S. C., Her, J. S., Su, F. C., & Chou, Y. L.(1996). The rationale of using kinetics of motion analysis as a guideline in treating adolescent genu varum - report of case before and after operation. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research., 13, 146-151.
- Lin, C. J., Lai, K-A, Chou, Y. L., & Ho, C-S.(2001). The effect of changing the foot progression angle on the knee adduction moment in normal teenagers. Gait & Posture, 14, 85-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(01)00126-6
- Park, Y. S., & Kim, S. H.(2008). The Relationship of Elderly Female with Chronic Low Back Pain during Their Gait and Function Fitness. Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, 22(2), 163-174.
- Perry, J.(1992). Gait analysis : Normal and pathological function, NJ: SLACK.
- Scott, S. H., & Winter, D. A.(1990). Interval forces at chronic running injury sites. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 22(3). 357-369.
- Stokes, V. P., Andersson, C., & Forssberg, H.(1989). Rotational and translational movement features of the pelvis and thorax during adult human locomotion. Journal of Biomechanics, 22(1), 43-50. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(89)90183-8
- Tachdjian, Mihran O.(1985). The child's foot. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders.
- Wang, J. W., Kuo, K. N., Andriacchi, T. P., & Galante, J. O.(1990). The influence of walking mechanics and time on the results of proximal tibial osteotomy. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, 72(6), 905-909. https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-199072060-00017
- White, S. G.., McNair, P. J.(2002). Abdominal and erector spinae muscle activity during gait: the use of cluster analysis to identify patterns of activity. Clinical Biomechanics(Bristol, Avon), 17(3), 177-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(02)00007-4
- Zatsiorsky, V. M.(2002). Kinetics of human motion. Human Kinetics.
- Development of an IMU-based foot-ground contact detection (FGCD) algorithm vol.60, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/00140139.2016.1174314
- A Study of Motor Expertise about Kinematic and Kinetic Characteristics of Lower Extremity in the Seokmun Ilwol Martial Art Yin-yang Bo Gait Pattern vol.24, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.3.239