- Volume 14 Issue 3
A jetfighter shape modeling method based on design features is researched, to improve the efficiency of shape modeling in the stage of conceptual aircraft design. The aircraft's general design features and shape parameters, including geometric and position parameters, are described. The coordinate systems of the entire aircraft and its components are defined. As a sample of local shape, a method of inlet intake modeling is introduced. The whole process of the modeling method is proposed. Three examples of different jetfighters are listed, to describe the achievement of basic layout, which includes four main elements. The Fusion of Components can be achieved by regulating the details of the sections of the fuselage. Sample Cases of typical layouts are shown to verify the effectiveness of the proposed method, which provides the basis for further analysis and optimization.
Conceptual design;aircraft design;jetfighter shape;parametric modeling
- Gu, S., F., Aircraft conceptual/preliminary design, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics Press, Beijing, 2001.
- Raymer, D. P., Aircraft design: a conceptual approach, 3rd edition, AIAA Inc, Reston, 1999.
- Nicolas, E. A., and Ilan, M. K., "Framework for Aircraft Conceptual Design and Environmental Performance Studies", AIAA JOURNAL, Vol. 43, No. 10, 2005, pp. 2100-2109. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.13017
- Nicolas, A., Ilan, K., Karen, W., and Garrett, B., "A Framework for Aircraft Conceptual Design and Environmental Performance Studies", 10th AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization conference, AIAA-2004-4314, Albany, New York, 2004.
- Russell, K. D., Jimmy, C. T., and Dimitri, N. M., "Parametric Geometry for Propulsion-Airframe Integration", 50th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA-2012-0548, Nashville, Tennessee, 2012.
- M., Nunez, J., Maginot, M., Padulo, and M., Guenov, "Integrated Exploration and Visualization of Optimal Aircraft Conceptual Designs", 50th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics, and Materials Conference, AIAA-2009-2204, Palm Springs, California, 2009.
- K., Amadori, B., Johansson, and P., Krus, "Using CADTools and Aerodynamic Codes in a Distributed Conceptual Design Framework", 45th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, AIAA-2007-964, Reno, Nevada, 2007.
- Dong, L., Andras, S., and Andy, J. K., "A Knowledge-Based Geometry Repair System for Robust Parametric CAD Models", 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA-2010-1508, Orlando, Florida, 2010.
- Liu, H., Wu, Z., Wang, G. L., and Wang X. L., "Implementation of a Sketch Based Approach to Conceptual Aircraft Design Synthesis and Modeling", Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, Vol. 17, No. 4, 2004, pp. 207-214. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1000-9361(11)60238-0
- Raymer, D. P., "RDS: A PC-Based Aircraft Design, Sizing, and Performance System", AIAA Aircraft Design Systems Meeting, AIAA-92-4226, Hilton Head, South Carolina, 1992.
- Lu, X. L., Liu, H. and Wu, Z., "Components parameterization in helicopter conceptual design", Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol. 32, No. 1, 2006, pp. 46-49.
- Luo, M. Q., Feng, H. C., Liu, H., and Wu Z., "Rapid Cabin Design and Automated Scheme Adjustment for Civil Aircraft", Acta Aeronautica et Astrnautica Sinica, Vol. 30, No. 1, 2009, pp. 73-80.
- Luo, M. Q., Feng, H. C., Liu, H., and Wu Z., "Rapid wing structure design and automated scheme adjustment for civil aircraft", Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Vol. 35, No. 4, 2009, pp. 468-471.
- Luo, M. Q., Liu, H., and Wu, Z., "Prototype System Research on Open Conceptual Aircraft Design", Acta Aeronautica et Astrnautica Sinica, Vol. 29, No. 4, 2008, pp. 954-959.
- David, L., R., and Peter, S., "A Rapid Geometry Engine for Preliminary Aircraft Design", 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, AIAA-2006-929, Reno, Nevada, 2006.
- Dejapong, L. S., and David, L. R., "A More Efficient Conceptual Design Process Using the RAGE Geometry Modeler", 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA-2011-159, Orlando, Florida, 2011.
- Andrew, S. H., "Vehicle Sketch Pad: A Parametric Geometry Modeler for Conceptual Aircraft Design", 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA-2010-657, Orlando, Florida, 2010.
- James, R. G., and Robert, M., "Improved Geometry Modeling for High Fidelity Parametric Design", 48th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA-2010-659, Orlando, Florida, 2010.
- Daniel, P. R., "Conceptual Design Modeling in the RDS-Professional Aircraft Design Software", 49th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, AIAA-2011-161, Orlando, Florida, 2011.
- Michael, A., Hassan, U., and Gabriela, G. C., "Parametric design of aircraft geometry using partial differential equations", Advances in Engineering Software, Vol. 40, No. 7, 2009, pp. 479-486. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2008.08.001
- China Aviation Information Center, World Aircraft Manuals, Air Press, Beijing, 2001.
- Paul J., Jane's All The World's Aircraft.2004-2005, Jane's Information Group Inc, Alexandria, 2005.