- Volume 14 Issue 3
In order to communicate with a ground station, the tracking profile design problem for a directional antenna system is considered. Because the motions of the gimbal angles in the antenna system affect the image quality, the main object is to minimize the motion of the gimbal angles during the satellite's imaging phase. For this goal, parameter optimization problems in the imaging and maneuver phases are formulated separately in the body-frame, and solved sequentially. Also, several mechanical constraints, such as the limitation of the gimbal angle and rate, are considered in the problems. The tracking profiles of the gimbal angles in the maneuver phases are designed with N-th order polynomials, to continuously connect the tracking profiles between two imaging phases. The results confirm that if the vector trace of the desired antenna-pointing vector is within the antenna's beam-width angle, motions of the gimbal angles are not required in the corresponding imaging phase. Also, through numerical examples, it is shown that motion of the gimbal angles in the imaging phase can be minimized by the proposed design process.
Antenna tracking profile design;Parameter optimization;Earth observation satellite;Gimbal system;Legendre-gauss-Lobatto points
- Choi, S.-J., Jung, O.-C., Kang, C.-H., Kim, Y.-O, and Chung, D.W., "An algorithm to eliminate TPF discontinuity for LEO satellite", Annual Conference of Korean Society Aeronautical Space Science(KSAS), Pyungchang, Korea, Apr. 2009. (in Korean)
- Jung, O.-C., Kim, H.-D., Ahn, S.-I., and Kim, E.-K., "An analysis of the on-board antenna tracking considering orbital motion", Annual Conference of Korean Society Aeronautical Space Science(KSAS), Pusan, Korea, Nov. 2006. (in Korean)
- Ahn, H.-S., Jung, O.-C., Choi, S.-J., Son, J.-H. Chung, D.C., and Kim G.S., "An optimal satellite antenna profile using reinforcement learning", IEEE Transactions on systems, man, and cybernetics-Part C:Application and Reviews, Vol. 41, No. 3, May, 2011.
- Choi, S.-J., Ahn, H.-S., Kang, C.-H., and Jung, O.-C., "Design of off-pointing tracking profile and its validation algorithm for direction antenna", 2012 Asia-pacific International symposium on Aerospace Technology, Jeju, Korea, Nov. 13-15, 2012.
- Fahroo, F., and Ross, I. M., "Costate Estimation by a Legendre Pseudospectral Method", Journal of Guidance, Control, and dynamics, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2001, pp. 270-277. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4709
- Ross, I. M., and Fahroo, F., "Pseudospectral Knotting Methods for Solving Nonsmooth Optimal Control Problems", Journal of Guidance, Control, and dynamics, Vol. 27, No. 3, 2004, pp. 397-405. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.3426
- Pi, J.H., and Lee, D., and Bang., H., "Operational Study for Earth Observation Satellites by minimum Command Effort", International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, Gyeonggi-do, Korea, October 27-30, 2010.
- Performance Enhancement of a Satellite's Onboard Antenna Tracking Profile using the Ground Station Searching Method vol.17, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2016.17.3.391