- Volume 26 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Steel Moment Frame and Connection including Inclined Column
경사기둥을 포함한 철골모멘트 골조 및 접합부의 성능평가
- Kim, Yong-Wan (Chang Minwoo Structural Consultants, Inc.) ;
- Kim, Taejin (Chang Minwoo Structural Consultants, Inc.) ;
- Kim, Jongho (Chang Minwoo Structural Consultants, Inc.)
- Received : 2013.01.15
- Accepted : 2013.04.16
- Published : 2013.06.30
The building design projects which are being proceeded nowadays pursue a complex and various shape of structures, escaping from the traditional and regular shape of buildings. In this new trend of the architecture, there rises a demand of the research in the structural engineering for the effective realization of such complex-shaped buildings which disassembles the orthogonality of frames. As a distinguished characteristics of the buildings in a complex-shape, there frequently are inclined columns included in the structural frame. The inclined column causes extra axial force and bending moment at the beam-column connection so it is necessary to assess those effects on the structural behavior of the frame and the connection by experiment or analysis. However, with comparing to the studies on the normal beam-column connections, the inclined column connections have not been studied sufficiently. Therefore, this study evaluated the beam-column connections having an inclined column using nonlinear and finite element analysis method. In this paper, steel moment frames having inclined columns were analyzed by the nonlinear pushover analysis to check the global behavior and beam-column connection models were analyzed by the finite element analysis to check the buckling behavior and the fracture potentials.
Supported by : 국토해양부
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) (2010) Prequalified Connections for Special and Intermediate Steel Moment Frames for Seismic Applications, AISC, Chicago, IL, p.158.
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) (2010) ASCE/SEI 7-10 Minimum Design Loads for Building and Other Structures, ASCE, Reston, VA, p.608.
- Architectural Institute of Korea (AIK) (2010) Korean Building Code 2009 (KBC 2009), AIK, Seoul, p.772.
- Computers and Structures, Inc. (CSI) (2005) ETABS Integrated Building Design Software User's Guide, CSI, Berkeley, CA, p.78.
- Computers and Structures, Inc. (CSI) (2011) Perform 3D Nonlinear Analysis and Performance Assessment for 3D Structures User Guide Version 5, CSI, Berkeley, CA, p.333.
- El-Tawil, S., Mikesell, T., Vidarsson, E. and Kunnath, S. K. (1998) Strength and Ductility of FR Welded-Bolted Connections, SAC Joint Venture, Report No. SAC/BD-98/01, Sacramento, CA, p.135.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) (1995) NEHRP Recommended Provisions for Seismic Regulations for New Buildings, Part 1, Provisions, FEMA-222A, FEMA, Washington, DC, p.290.
- Gupta, A., Krawinkler, H. (1999) Seismic Demands for Performance Evaluation of Steel Moment Resisting Frame Structures, The John A. Blume Earthquake Engineering Center, Report No.132, p.368.
- Hancock, J.W., Mackenzie, A.C. (1976) On the Mechanism of Ductile Failure in High-Strength Steels Subjected to Multi-Axial Stress States, Journal of Mech, Phys. Solids, 24, pp.147-169. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(76)90024-7
- International Conference of Building Official (ICBO) (1994) Uniform Building Code 1994, 2, ICBO, Whittier, CA, p.1339.
- Kim, Y., Kim, S., Kim, T. (2011) Analytical Study on Structural Behavior of Beam-column Connections with Inclined Columns, Proceeding of the 22nd Annual Conference, Korean Society of Steel Construction, pp.141-142.
- Kim, T., Park, J.W., Cho, J. H., Kim, H.D. (2008) Seismic Performance Evaluation of Welded Beam- Column Connections Fabricated with SHN Steel Sections, Journal of Korean Society of Steel Construction, 20(6), pp.829-838.
- Kwon, G., Park, J., Yoon, S., Kim, T., Lee, J. (2012) Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Inclined Column-Beam Joints, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 24(2), pp.147-156. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.2.147
- Ricles, J.M., Mao, C. Lu, L.-W., Fisher, J.W. (2000) Development and Evaluation of Improved Details for Ductile Welded Unreinforced Flnage Connections, Report No.SAC/BD-00/24, SAC Joint Venture, Sacramento, CA, p.430.
- Simulia (2010) ABAQUS 6.11 Analysis Manual, 2, Dassault Systemes, Simulia Corp., Providence, RI, p.1349.