- Volume 8 Issue 6
This paper proposes a stochastic modeling of plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs) distribution in power systems, and analyzes the corresponding clustering characteristic. It is essential for power utilities to estimate the PEV charging demand as the penetration level of PEV is expected to increase rapidly in the near future. Although the distribution of PEVs in power systems is the primary factor for estimating the PEV charging demand, the data currently available are statistics related to fuel-driven vehicles and to existing electric demands in power systems. In this paper, we calculate the number of households using electricity at individual ending buses of a power system based on the electric demands. Then, we estimate the number of PEVs per household using the probability density function of PEVs derived from the given statistics about fuel-driven vehicles. Finally, we present the clustering characteristic of the PEV distribution via case studies employing the test systems.
Plug-in electric vehicle (PEV);Probability density function (PDF);Cumulative distribution function (CDF)
- Electric Vehicle Market Status and Outlook, The Export-Import Bank of Korea, December, 2011
- Kejun Gian, Chengke Zhou, Malcolm Allan, and Yue Yuan: 'Modeling of Load Demand Due to EV Battery Charging in Distribution Systems', IEEE Trans. Power Systems, vol. 26, issue. 2, pp. 802-810, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2010.2057456
- J. Taylor, A. Maitra, M. Alexander, D. zzzbrooks, M. Duvall: 'Evaluation of the Impact of Plug Vehicle Loading on Distribution System Operations', IEEE PES General Meeting, July 2009
- A. Maitra, Kyung Soo Kook, Angelo Giumento, Jason Taylor, Daniel Brooks, Marcus Alexander, Mark Duvall: 'Evaluation of PEV Loading Ch on Hydro - Quebec's Distribution system Operations' EVS24, Stavanger, Norway, May 2009
- Technology Roadmap Electric and plug electric vehicles, International Energy Agency, June, 2011.
- The 5th basic plan of long demand, Ministry of Knowledge Economy, Dec 2010
- Smart grid-based electric vehicle operating control platform development, Chonbuk National University, April, 2012.
- M. Henderson, P. Wong, J. Platts: 'Power System Planning Process and Issues', IEEE PES General Meeting, July, 2009.
- M. De Nigris, I. Gianinono, S. Grillo, S. Massucco, F. Silvestro: 'Impact Evaluation of Plug-in Electric vehicles(PEV) on Electric Distribution Networks', IEEE Harmonics and Quality of Power, Sept, 2010.
- Development of Grid-integrated-Simulation Model and Operational Algorithm for the Electric Vehicle Charging load I, Korea Institute of Energy Research, Nov, 2011.
- The number of household by the status of the vehicle ownership and the status of the status of transportation uses, Statistics Korea, 2012.
- 1. Analysis for Evaluating the Impact of PEVs on New-Town Distribution System in Korea vol.10, pp.3, 2015, doi:10.5370/JEET.2013.8.6.1276