- Volume 8 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Analysis on Power Demand Reduction Effects of Demand Response Systems in the Smart Grid Environment in Korea
Won, Jong-Ryul;Song, Kyung-Bin
- Received : 2013.02.14
- Accepted : 2013.07.01
- Published : 2013.11.01
This study performed an analysis on power demand reduction effects exhibited by demand response programs, which are advanced from traditional demand-side management programs, in the smart grid environment. The target demand response systems for the analysis included incentive-based load control systems (2 month-ahead demand control system, 1~5 days ahead demand control system, and demand bidding system), which are currently implemented in Korea, and price-based demand response systems (mainly critical peak pricing system or real-time pricing system, currently not implemented, but representative demand response systems). Firstly, the status of the above systems at home and abroad was briefly examined. Next, energy saving effects and peak demand reduction effects of implementing the critical peak or real-time pricing systems, which are price-based demand response systems, and the existing incentive-based load control systems were estimated.
Smart Grid;Demand Response;Incentive-based;Price-based;Demand Reduction
- The Ministry of Knowledge Economy, 'A Study on Measures to Estimate Appropriate Load Management Capacities and Load Management Support Unit Prices to Improve The Performance of Demand Management Projects', 2010
- Assessment of Demand Response and Advanced Metering, FERC Report, November 2011.
- 2010 California Statewide Non-Residential Critical Peak Pricing Evaluation, Sullivan & Co. April 2011.
- Load Impact Estimates for SCE's Demand Response Programs, Freeman, Sullivan & Co. April 2011.
- 2009 Load Impact Evaluation for Pacific Gas and Electric Company's Residential SmartRateTM - Peak Day Pricing and TOU Tariffs and SmartAC Program, Freeman, Sullivan & Co. April 2010.
- KEPCO Demand Management http://www.kepco.co.kr/dsm/
- Electric Power Statistics Information System, http://epsis.kpx.or.kr/.
- KEPCO Electric Power Statistics News Bulletin, 2010, 2011.
- ETEP, Korea DSM Annual Evaluation Report, 2009-2012
- MOCIE, Final Report, "Electrical Heating and Cooling Equipment Survey Repot', 2012. 3.
- Methods for Adding Demand Response Capability to a Thermostatically Controlled Load with an Existing On-off Controller vol.10, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.3.755
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)