- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Endurance Life of Taper Roller Bearing for Wheel Loader Axles
휠 로더 차축 테이퍼 롤러 베어링의 내구수명
- Yoo, Dae Won (Machine System Design, Graduate School of Knowledge based Technology and Energy, Korea Polytechnic Univ.) ;
- Lee, Jai Hak (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Korea Polytechnic Univ.)
- Received : 2013.03.08
- Accepted : 2013.09.03
- Published : 2013.11.01
A wheel loader is a type of construction machinery that is capable of performing a variety of tasks, and demands on its functional diversity and structural reliability are growing. A wheel bearing is one of the core components that determine the life of the loader; taper roller bearings are commonly used for this purpose. The lifetime of a bearing is typically calculated based only on its load and revolution speed. The initial preload of a taper roller bearing is a critical factor that directly affects its endurance life. In this study, the relations between the endurance life and preload characteristics including the amount of preload according to the weight, rotational speed, and thermal modification applied to tapered roller bearings are presented. When the temperature is
Wheel Loader;Axle;Taper Roller Bearing;Endurance Life;Preload
- Hertz, H., 1896, On the Contact of Rigid Elastic Solids and on Hardness, MacMillan, London, pp. 163-183.
- Cattaneo, C., 1947, "A Theory Second Order Elastic Contact," Univ. RomaRend. Mat. Appl. 6, pp. 505-512.
- Jones, A. B., 1960, "A General Theory for Elastically Constrained Ball and Radial Roller Bearing Under Arbitrary Load and Speed Condition," Journal of Basic Engineering.
- Harris, T. A., 1984, Rolling Bearing Analysis, Second Edition, John Wiley & Sons, pp.158-193.
- Palmgren, A. and Snare, B., 1957, "Influence of Load and Motion on the Lubrication and Wear of Rolling Bearing," Mech. Eng., Vol. 79, pp.454-458.
- Palmgren, A., 1958, Ball and Roller Bearing Engineering, Third Edition, Burbank, Philadelphia, pp.73-99.
- Yoon, K. C., 2000, "Design Methods of Application-Based Exclusive Ball Bearings Using Genetic Algorithms," Ph.D. Thesis, Hanyang University, pp.1-11.
- Kang, H. S., 2005, "Study on the Development of a Ultra-High-Speed Spindle System Considering Thermal Characteristics," Ph.D. Thesis, Chonnam University, pp.1-100.
- Ahn, T, K, and Lee, S, H., 2007, "Endurance Life Estimation of Taper Bearing Units," Trans of the KSAE, pp.160-164.
- Kim, G, H., 2001, "A Study on the Durability Evaluation and Analysis Techniques of Wheel Bearing Hub Unit for Passenger Car," Ph.D. Thesis, Korea University, pp.1-224.
- KBC, 2005, Rolling Bearing, Catalog GB 41 500 KA, pp.96-99.
- vol.17, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5293/kfma.2014.17.2.073