- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design Sensitivity Estimation of Injector Nozzle Hole Considering Cavitation
캐비테이션에 관한 인젝터 노즐 홀의 설계민감도 평가
- Yeom, Jeong Kuk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Ha, Hyeong Soo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.)
- Received : 2013.04.08
- Accepted : 2013.08.11
- Published : 2013.11.01
This study performs a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis of the inner flow of a multihole injector nozzle by using ANSYS CFX 13.0. Based on the obtained results, a design of experiment (DOE) was performed and applied to investigate the effects of injector nozzle design parameters on cavitation. To analyze the design sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio (S/N ratio), the hole diameter, hole length, hole angle, and K-factor of the nozzle hole were selected as design parameters, and the effect of these parameters was investigated at 16 experimental points. Consequently, it was found that the effect of the K-factor on the cavitation and inner flow of the injector nozzle is the greatest. Thus, the selection of a suitable K-factor is important in nozzle design considering cavitation flow.
Cavitation;Design of Experiment;K-factor;Nozzle;Simulation
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Powell, C. F., Kastengren, A. L., Liu, Z and Fezzaa, K., 2011, "The Effects of Diesel Injector Needle Motion on Spray Structure," Trans. of the ASME, Vol. 133, Issue 1, pp. 012802-1-012802-9.
- Wang, Y., Lee, W. G., Reitz, R. and Diwakar, R., 2011, "Numerical Simulation of Diesel Sprays Using an Eulerian-Lagrangian Spray and Atomization (ELSA) Model Coupled with Nozzle Flow," SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0386.
- Park, W. A., Lee, H. W. and Min, K. D., 2012, "Evaluation of Droplet Breakup Models and Application to the Diesel Engine Combustion Analysis," Trans. of KSAE, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 86-91. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.1.086
- Stiesch, G., 2003, Modeling Engine Spray and Combustion Process, Springer, New York, pp. 119-192.
- Baumgarten, C., Stegemann, J. and Merker, G. P., 2002, "A New Model for Cavitation Induced Primary Break-up of Diesel Sprays," ILASS-Europe 2002, Zaragoza 9-11.
- Kim, J. H. and Song, K. K., 1999, "Visualization of the Flow in a Diesel Injection Nozzle in Case of the Steady Flow Condition," Trans. of KSAE, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 49-56.
- Mitroglou, N., Gavaises, M., Nouri, J. M. and Arcoumanis, C., 2011, "Cavitation Inside Enlarged and Real-size Fully Transparent Injector Nozzles and Its Effect on Near Nozzle Spray Formation," DIPSI Workshop 2011 on Droplet Impact Phenomena & Spray Investigation.
- Lee, S. B., 2000, Well Defined Taguchi Method, Sangjosa, Seoul, pp. 15-45.
- Kim, Y. R. and Song, H. H., 2012, "Effect of Injector Design Parameter on Nozzle Coking in Diesel Engines," Journal of ISASS-Korea, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 140-145. https://doi.org/10.15435/JILASSKR.2012.17.3.140
- 2009, ANSYS CFX-Solver Theory Guide Release 12.0, ANSYS. Inc., Canonsburg, pp. 54-56.
- Giannadakis, E., Gavaises, M. and Arcoumanis, C., 2008, "Modelling of Cavitation in Diesel Injector Nozzles," J. Fluid mech., Vol. 616, pp. 153-193. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0022112008003777