- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Calculation of Critical Speed of Railway Vehicle by Multibody Dynamics Analysis
다물체 동역학 해석방법을 이용한 철도차량의 임계속도 계산
- Kang, Juseok (Dept. of Railway Vehicle System Engineering, Korea Nat'l Univ. of Transportation)
- 강주석 (한국교통대학교 철도차량시스템공학과)
- Received : 2013.04.24
- Accepted : 2013.09.11
- Published : 2013.11.01
In this analysis, a method is presented to calculate the critical speed of a railway vehicle by using a multibody dynamic model. The contact conditions and contact forces between the wheel and the rail are formularized for the wheelset model. This is combined with the bogie model to obtain a multibody dynamic model of a railway vehicle with constraint conditions. First-order linear dynamic equations with independent coordinates are derived from the constraint equations and dynamic equations of railway vehicles using the QR decomposition method. Critical speeds are calculated for the wheelset and bogie dynamic models through an eigenvalue analysis. The influences of the design parameters on the critical speed are presented.
Multibody Dynamic Model;Critical Speed;Railway Vehicle;QR Decomposition Method
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Lee, S.Y. and Cheng, Y.C., 2005, "Hunting Stability Analysis of High-Speed Railway Vehicle Trucks on Tangent Tracks," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 282, pp. 881-898. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2004.03.050
- Zolotas, A.C., Pearson, J.T. and Goodall, R.M., 2006, "Modelling Requirements for the Design of Active stability Control Strategies for a High Speed Bogie," Multibody System Dynamics, Vol. 15, pp. 51-66. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11044-006-2361-5
- Kim, P.K. and Seok, J.W., 2010, "Bifurcation Analysis on the Hunting Behavior of a Dual-Bogie Railway Vehicle Using the Method of Multiple Scales," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 329, pp. 4017-4039. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2010.03.024
- Chung, W.J. and Kim, S.W., 2000, "A Study on the Critical Speed of Railway Vehicles," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 24, No. 8, pp. 1991-1999.
- Bauchau, O.A. and Nikishkov, Y.G, 2001, "An Implicit Transition Matrix Approach to Stability Analysis of Flexible Multi-Body Systems," Multibody System Dynamics, Vol. 5, pp. 279-301. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011488504973
- Polach, O. 1999, "A Fast Wheel- Rail Forces Calculation Computer Code," Vehicle System Dynamics Supplement, Vol. 33, pp. 728-739.
- Kang, J.S., 2013, "A Study on the Dynamic Analysis of Railway Vehicle by Using Track Coordinate System," Trans. KSAE, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 113-121.
- Kang, J.S., 2012, "A Three Dimensional Wheelset Dynamic Analysis considering Wheel-rail Two Point Contact," J. of Korean Society for Railway, Vo. 15, NO. 1, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.1.001
- Using Matlab Ver. 6, 2004, The Mathworks Inc., Natick, MA, USA.
- Shabana, A.A., Zaazaa, K.E. and Sugiyama, H., 2008, Railroad Vehicle Dynamics: A Computational Approach, CRC Press.