- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Optimum Design Based on Sequential Design of Experiments and Artificial Neural Network for Enhancing Occupant Head Protection in B-Pillar Trim
센터 필라트림의 FMH 충격성능 향상을 위한 순차적 실험계획법과 인공신경망 기반의 최적설계
- Lee, Jung Hwan (Global Research and Development Center, Mando Corporation) ;
- Suh, Myung Won (School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan Univ.)
- Received : 2013.07.09
- Accepted : 2013.09.04
- Published : 2013.11.01
The optimal rib pattern design of B-pillar trim considering occupant head protection can be determined by two methods. One is the conventional approximate optimization method that uses the statistical design of experiments (DOE) and response surface method (RSM). Generally, approximated optimum results are obtained through the iterative process by trial-and-error. The quality of results strongly depends on the factors and levels assigned by a designer. The other is a methodology derived from previous work by the authors, called the sequential design of experiments (SDOE), to reduce the trial-and-error procedure and to find an appropriate condition for using artificial neural network (ANN) systematically. An appropriate condition is determined from the iterative process based on the analysis of means. With this new technique and ANN, it is possible to find an optimum design accurately and efficiently.
Sequential Design of Experiments;Artificial Neural Network;Free Motion Headform(FMH);FMVSS
- Lee, S. W., Hong, S. G., Han, K. H., Yang, T. G., Suh, M. W., 1998, "Experimental Research on the Analysis and Improvement of Impact Performances in FMH Impact Test of Passenger Car," Transaction of the KSAE, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 276-286.
- Lorenzo, L., Mirdamadi, M. and Fennessy-Ketola, K., 1996, "A Methodology for Developing Interior Trim Panels to Comply with the New FMVSS201 Legislation," International Congress and Exposition, SAE paper 960152, pp. 1-9.
- Lorenzo, L., Burr, S. and Fennessy-Ketola, K., 1996, "Integrated Inner Door Panel/Energy Absorber Design for Side Impact Occupation Protection," SAE International Congress and Exposition, SAE technical paper 960151.
- Ha, W. P., Ha, D. Y., Kim, J. H., Park, S. J., 2003, "FMH Impact Analysis Using Equivalent Model in the Vehicle with Curtain Airbag," Spring Conference Proceedings of KSAE, pp. 716-720.
- Youn, Y. H., Kim, Y. K., Park, H. G., An, H. S., Kim, H. O., 2005, "Analytical Studies on the Pillar Trim Impact Test Using FMH," Spring Conference Proceedings of the KSAE, pp. 1491-1495.
- Park, K. O., Lee, Y. H., Beom, H. K., Kwon, O. S., 2005, "Numerical Implementation for Effect of Forehead Impact Zone in FMH Impact," Spring Conference Proceedings of the KSAE, pp. 645-649.
- Youn, Y. H., Na, H. H., Han, Y. H., Lee, H. S., 2005, "A Study of Relationship Between Side FMH Test and Side Sled Test," Autumn Conference Proceedings of the KSAE, pp. 1510-1514.
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard: 49CFR PART 571) "FMVSS 201-Occupant Protection in Interior impact," June 5, 2002.
- Lee, J. H. and Suh, M. W., 2008, "Development of Optimization Algorithm for Unconstrained Problems Using the Sequential Design of Experiments and Artificial Neural Network," Trans. Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp.258-266, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.3.258
- Kim, J. M., Lee, J. H., Chun, J. H., Bae, C. H., Hong, H. S., Suh, M. W., 2007, "Optimal Rib Structure Design of a B-pillar Trim for Occupant Head Protection," Spring Conference Proceedings of the KSAE, pp. 1332-1337.
- Park S. H., "Design of Experiments," Min Young Inc., Seoul, 2006.
- Baek, S. H., Lee, D. W., Lee, K. Y., Cho, S. S., Joo, W. S., 2002, "Application of Sequential Quadratic Programming on Multi-Objective Optimization Using the Stochastic Method," Spring Conference Proceedings of the KSAE, pp.954-961.
- Reklaitis, G. V., Ravindran, A., and Ragsdell, K. M., 1983, Engineering Optimization Methods and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, pp. 123-124.
- Hock W. and Schittkowski K., 1981, "Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems," Springer- Verlag, New York.