- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Buckling in Prestressed Composite Truss Girder using ADINA Structure Analysis
ADINA 구조해석을 이용한 PCT 거더교 좌굴 평가에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.03.06
- Accepted : 2013.08.22
- Published : 2013.11.01
Recently, to resolve problems regarding legal liability for accidents and disasters, various simulation techniques such as F.E.M. and F.V.M. have been used in the field of forensic engineering. In this study, we performed mechanical structure analysis using ADINA to investigate the cause of bridge collapse accidents. Such accidents occurred owing to modified and missing processes in comparison with the original design while filling with concrete. Modified and missing processes cause buckling of the upper plate and twisting of the main girder. Through this study, we determine the exact cause of bridge collapse by comparing the evaluation of the structure stability of the original design with the evaluation of the structure stability of the modified and missing process using ADINA structure analysis. Hence, this result indicates that buckling prediction through FEA is the most effective method.
Forensic Engineering;Buckling Behavior;Finite Element Analysis;Instrumented Indentation Technique
- Sam, B., 2007, "Forensic Engineering : Reduction of Risk Improving Technology," Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 14, pp. 1019-1037. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2006.11.065
- Brian, H. and Mohamed, T. K., 2007, "Non- Destructive Testing Techniques for the Forensic Engineering Investigation of Reinforced Concrete Buildings," Forensic Science International, Vol. 167, pp. 167-172. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forsciint.2006.06.065
- Kim, K. H., Choi, Y., Kim, S. H., Lee, J. S. and Kwon, D. I., 2005, "Application of Instrumented Indentation Technique for Nondestructive/ Mechanical Properties Measurement of In-Service, Components and Materials," Proceedings of the KSME Spring Annual Meeting, pp. 336-343.
- Kim, S. H., Choi, Y. and Kwon, D. I., 2004, "Determination of Brinell Hardness Through Instrumented Indentation Test Without Observation of Residual Indent," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.28, No.5, pp. 578-585. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2004.28.5.578
- Jeon, E. C., Kwon, D. I. and Park, J. S., 2002, "The Optimization of Advanced Indentation Test for Tensile Properties Derivation," Proceedings of the KSME Spring Annual Meeting, pp. 355-360.
- Lee, M.K., Moon, H.W., Lee, H., Lee, T.S., Shin, S.W. and Jang, H., 2004, "Study of Buckling Evaluation for the Connecting Rod of the Engine," Proceedings of the KSPE Autumn Annual Meeting, pp. 677-680.
- Temple, M.C. and Elmahdy, G., 1993, "Buckling of Built-up Compression Members in the Plane of the Connectors," Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 20, pp. 895-909. https://doi.org/10.1139/l93-122
- Timoshenko, S.P. and Gere, J.M., 1961, "Theory of Elastic Stability," Mcgraw-hill, 2nd edition.
- Jaspart, J.P., 1988, "Extending of the Merchantrankine Formula for the Assessment of the Ultimate Load of Frames with Semi-Rigid Joints," J. Construct. Steel Research, Vol. 11, pp. 283-312. https://doi.org/10.1016/0143-974X(88)90097-1
- Jeong, B.W. and Lim, J.K., 2007, "Compressive and Torsional Buckling Behavior of Carbon Nanotube Bundles," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 31, No.8, pp. 862-869. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.8.862
- Jin, J.W., Kwak, S.J., Kim, T.S., Noh, K.H. and Kang, K.W., 2012, "Determination of Mechanical Properties of Galvanized Steel Sheets Using Instrumented Indentation Technique and Finite Element Analysis," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No.5, pp. 529-535. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.5.529
- Forensic Engineering Study on Structure Stability Evaluation of Deep Cement Mixing Vessel using ADINA Software vol.38, pp.11, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.11.1283
- Evaluation of the Structure Stability of a Plate Girder Bridge Using MIDAS Structure Analysis vol.38, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.4.451
- Structural Behavior of Prestressed Composite Truss Girder Considering Construction Methods vol.15, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2015.15.3.69