- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Development of Heat Dissipation Measuring System for 1.2-kW BLDC Motor
1.2kW 급 BLDC 모터의 열 발산 측정 시스템 개발
- Lee, Injun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Ye, Jungwoo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Lee, Daehun (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Hwang, Pyung (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Shim, Jaesool (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.)
- Received : 2013.03.28
- Accepted : 2013.09.06
- Published : 2013.11.01
In this study, a heat dissipation measurement system is developed to analyze a 1.2-kW BLDC motor. It is important to check the temperature of the motor because an increase in temperature causes problems in the motor insulations, which in turn influences the motor life. A generator for a vehicle is installed to set up a load. We changed the load from 165 to 495 W. While the rpm varies from 2000 to 4000 under various load conditions, the changes in temperature were measured for the operating period by using a thermocouple. The results of experiments conducted under natural convection conditions suggest that the temperature was not stationary with the rpm, load, and coil of the motor and it kept increasing over
BLDC Motor(Brushless D/C Motor);Load;Thermocouple
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- Andreas, J. C., 1992 ,"Energy -Efficient Electronic Motor," Selection and Application, Marcel Dekker Inc., pp. 243-245.
- Pelle, J. and Harmand, S., 2007 "Heat Transfer Measurements in an Opened Rotor-Stator System Air- Gap," Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol 31, Issure 3, pp. 165-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2006.03.018
- Lee, T.-G., Moon, J.-S., Yoo, H. and Lee, J.-H., 2005 "Thermal Reliability Analysis of BLDC Motor in a High Speed Axial Fan by the Accelerated Life Test," Journal of the SAREK, Vol. 17, No.12, pp. 1169-1176
- Kang, S., Lee, K.-S., Wang, S. and Shim, H., 2007 "Thermal and Flow Analysis of Outer-Rotor Type Bldc Motor," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, No.31, Vol.9, pp772-779. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2007.31.9.772
- Kim, M.-s. and Lee, K.-s., 2007 "Thermo-Flow Behavior of a BLDC Motor According to Design Parameters," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. pp.2-293.
- Kim, M.-s. and Lee, K.-s., 2008 "Effects of Design Parameterson the Thermal Performance of a Brushless DC Motor," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, No.32, Vol.2, pp. 141-148. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2008.32.2.141
- Hur, J.-H., Lee, T.-G., Moon, S.-A., Lee, S.-J., Yoo, H., Moon, S.-J. and Lee, J.-H., 2008 "Thermal Reliability Analysis of a BLDC Motor in a High- Speed Axial Fan by the Accelerated-Life Test and Numerical Methods," Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 44, pp. 1355-1369. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00231-008-0375-7
- Kuria, J. and Hwang, P., 2011 "Optimizing Heat Sink Geometry for Electric Vehicle BLDC Motor Using CFD," Sustainable Research and Innovation conference Proceedings, Vol.3.
- Hwang․ H.-Y., Chung․ T.-U., Lee, D.-Y., Hwang, P. and Shim, J.-S., 2012 "The Heat Transfer Analysis of 1.2[kW] BLDC Motor on the Condition of the External Flow," Journal of the Korean Institute of IIIuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 27-33. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2012.26.2.027
- Gnacinski, P., 2008, "Prediction of Windings Temperaturerise in Induction Motors Supplied with Distorted Voltage," Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.49, Issue 4, pp. 707-717. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2007.07.023
- Lim, B.-J. and Park, C.-D., 2009, "Development of Load Apparatus for Motor," Journal of Fluid Machinery, No.6 ,Vol.12, pp. 26-32.
- "http://www.schneider-electric.hu/documents/ automation-and-control/asg-3-motors-and-loads.pdf"