- Volume 37 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Design of Rollover Prevention Controller Using Game-Theoretic Approach
미분게임 이론을 이용한 차량 전복 방지 제어기 설계
- Yim, Seongjin (Dept. of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Seoul Nat’l Univ. of Sci. and Tech.)
- 임성진 (서울과학기술대학교 기계자동차공학과)
- Received : 2013.04.23
- Accepted : 2013.09.11
- Published : 2013.11.01
This study presents an approach for designing a vehicle rollover prevention controller using differential game theory and multi-level programming. The rollover prevention problem can be modeled as a non-cooperative zero-sum two-player differential game. A controller as an equilibrium solution of the differential game guarantees the worst-case performance against every possible steering input. To obtain an equilibrium solution to the differential game with a small amount of computational effort, a multi-level programming approach with a relaxation procedure is used. To cope with the loss of maneuverability caused by the active suspension, an electronic stability program (ESP) is adopted. Through simulations, the proposed method is shown to be effective in obtaining an equilibrium solution of the differential game.
Differential Game Theory;Multi-Level Programming;Active Suspension;Electronic Stability Program
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration., 2003, "Motor Vehicle Traffic Crash Injury and Fatality Estimates, 2002 Early Assessment," NCSA(National Center for Statistics and Analysis) Advanced Research and Analysis.
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System(FARS), http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov
- Odenthal, D., Bunte, T. and Ackermann, J., 1999, "Nonlinear Steering and Braking Control for Vehicle Rollover Avoidance," European Control Conference, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- Chen, B. and Peng, H., 2001, "Differential-Braking- Based Rollover Prevention for Sports Utility Vehicles with Human-in-the-Loop Evaluations," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol. 36 . No. 4-5, pp.359-389. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.36.4.359.3546
- Ungoren, A. Y. and Peng, H., 2004, "Evaluation of Vehicle Dynamic Control for Rollover Prevention," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol.5, No.2, pp.115-122.
- Yoon, J., Yi, K. and Kim, D., 2006, "Rollover Index- Based Rollover Mitigation System," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol.7, No.7, pp.821-826.
- Rajamani, R., 2006, Vehicle Dynamics and Control, New York, Springer.
- Yim, S., Yoon, J., Cho, W., and Yi, K., 2011, "An Investigation on Rollover Prevention Systems: Unified Chassis Control Versus ESC with Active Anti-Roll Bar," Proceedings of IMechE, Part D, Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 225, No.1, pp.1-14. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544070JAUTO1444
- Ma, W. and Peng, H., 1999, "Worst-Case Evaluation Methodology - Examples on Truck Rollover/ Jackknifing and Active Yaw Control Systems," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.32, No.4-5, pp.389-408. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.32.4.389.2076
- Ma, W., 1998, Worst-Case Evaluation Methods For Vehicles And Vehicle Control Systems, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Michigan.
- Yim, S., 2011, "Design of a Rollover Prevention Controller with Differential Game Theory and Coevolutionary Genetic Algorithm," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.25, No.6, pp.1565-1571. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-011-0431-y
- Tahk, M. J., 1998, "Co-evolution for Engineering Optimization Problems: Minimax Design and Constrained Optimization," Proceedings of JSASS Aircraft Symposium, Yokosuka, Japan.
- Basar, T. and Olsder, G. J., 1982, Dynamic Noncooperative Game Theory, Academic Press.
- Mechanical Simulation Corporation., 2001, CarSim User Manual Version 5.
- Shimizu, K. and Aiyoshi, E., 1980, "Necessary Conditions for Min-Max Problems and Algorithms by a Relaxation Procedure," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.25, No.1, pp.62-66. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1980.1102226
- Hansen, N. Muller, S. D. and Koumoutsakos, P., 2003, "Reducing the Time Complexity of the Derandomized Evolution Strategy with Covariance Matrix Adaptation (CMA-ES)," Evolutionary Computation, Vol.11, No.1, pp.1-18. https://doi.org/10.1162/106365603321828970
- Yim, S., Park, Y. and Yi, K., 2010, "Design of Active Suspension and Electronic Stability Control for Rollover Prevention," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 11, No.2, pp.147-153. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-010-0020-6
- Bryson, A. E. and Ho, Y. C., 1975, Applied Optimal Control, New York: Hemisphere.
- Kou, Y., Peng, H. and Jung, D., 2008, "Worst-Case Evaluation for Integrated Chassis Control Systems," Vehicle System Dynamics, Vol.46, No.1, pp.329-340. https://doi.org/10.1080/00423110801939196
- Smakman, H., 2000, "Functional Integration of Active Suspension with Slip Control for Improved Lateral Vehicle Dynamics," Proceedings of AVEC2000. August 22-24, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Uematsu, K. and Gerdes, J. C., 2002, "A Comparison of Several Sliding Surfaces for Stability Control," Proceedings of AVEC 2002, Japan, September 9-13, 2002.
- Levine, W. S. and Athans, M., 1970, "On the Determination of Optimal Constant Output Feedback Gains for Linear Multivariable Systems," IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.15, pp.44-48. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1970.1099363
- Storn, R. and Price, K., 1996, "Minimizing the Real Functions of the ICEC'96 Contest by Differential Evolution," IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Nagoya, pp.842-844.
- Hac, A., 1990, "Optimal Linear Preview Control of Active Vehicle Suspension," Proceedings of the 29th Conference on Decision and Control, Honolulu, Hawaii, December.