- Volume 48 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Polyurethane Adhesive Based Polyester Polyol Polymerized from Sebacic Acid
세바식 산으로 중합된 폴리에스터 폴리올을 원료로 사용한 폴리우레탄 접착제에 관한 연구
- Jin, Kyung Ho (School of Energy.Materials.Chemical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Kim, Min Su (School of Energy.Materials.Chemical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Cho, Ur Ryong (School of Energy.Materials.Chemical Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2013.04.25
- Accepted : 2013.05.14
- Published : 2013.09.30
In this study, sebacic acid made from castor oil was used as monomer with isophthalic acid and glycols for polyester polyol synthesis. Polyurethane adhesive was synthesized from the various polyester polyol. From the result of adhesion strength test, polyester polyol made from sebacic acid showed better adhesive force than that of adipic acid due to higher cohesive energy. Branched glycol containing methyl group represented better adhesion than linear glycol. In the chain extender, adhesion strength increased going from PG, EG, BD. From the measurement of TGA, BD showed the best heat stability, and followed by PG, EG. Glass transition temperature increased in the order PG, EG, BD by the result of DMA.
Supported by : 교육과학기술부
- K. L. Mirral, Adhesive technology and applications, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 2003.
- C. Hepburn, "Polyurethane Elastomers", Elsevier, New York, 1991.
- NPCS Board of Consultants & Engineers, "Polymer materials and application", Anshan Ltd., UK, 2008.
- 고니시, "최신 폴리우레탄의 설계, 개질과 고기능화기술 전집", Technical Information Institute Co., Ltd., 2007.
- S. Y. Choi, U. R. Cho, "Study on synthesis and properties of water-born polyurethane", Elast. Compos., 40, 4 (2005).
- J. H. Chun, "Synthesis and properties polyuretane dispersion containing monomeric diol", J. Adhesion and interface, 11, 3 (2010)
- Donald L. Pavia, "Introduction to spectroscopy", Brooks/Cole pub. co., 2009.
- S. O. Hwang, U. R. Cho, "A study on synthesis of polyurethane/functionalized graphene nanocomposites by in-situ intercalation method", Elast. Compos., 47, 3 (2012). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2012.47.3.238
- Sina Ebnessajjad, "Adhesives Technology Handbook", William Andrew Pub., 2008.
- H. I. Ryu, "A study on the effect of chain extenders on the properties of TDI-based aqueous polyurethane adhesive", J. Korean Ind. Eng. chem, 12, 8 (2001).