- Volume 15 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Appearance-Related Consumption Behavior according to Interpersonal Relations and Masculinity - Mediated effect of Appearance Concern -
대인관계성향, 남성성유형에 따른 외모관련소비행동 연구 - 외모관심도의 매개효과 분석 -
- Lee, Hyun-Ok (Dept. of Clothing & Textiles, Kyungpook National University)
- 이현옥 (경북대학교 의류학과)
- Received : 2013.08.09
- Accepted : 2013.10.24
- Published : 2013.10.31
This study identifies the influences of appearance-related consumption behavior according to interpersonal relations and masculinity examined through amediated effect of appearance concerns based on a structural study method. Five hypotheses were established to verify the relationships of interpersonal relations, masculinity and appearance-related consumption behavior. Questionnaires were administered to 201 males in their 20s to 50s living in Daegu South Korea. The SPSS 20.0 package utilized for data analysis included frequency analysis, factor analysis, correlation analysis, regression analysis and Cronbach's
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ahn, B. H. (1985). Validation study for scales relating to interpersonal relations adequacy and interpersonal relations disposition. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Ahn, B. H. (2010). Interpersonal relations. Seoul: Taeyoung.
- 'Anti-aging, moisture-rising, pore care' diversification of men's skin care. (2008, October 14). Medical Today. Retrieved December 20, 2012, from http://www.mdtoday.co.kr
- Choi, J. S. (2002). Attitudes toward men's appearance management as related to sex role orientation and sensation seeking tendency. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Cox, C. L., & Glick, W. H. (1986). Resume evaluations and cosmetics use: when more is not better. Sex Role, 14, 51-58. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00287847
- Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. F. (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(February), 39-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Gong, S. E. (2005). Study on correlations between body image and characteristics of personal relationship to children and adolescent. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Heider, F. (1964). The psychology of interpersonal relation. NY: John Wiley & Sons.
- Hong, B. S., & Paik, I. S. (2006). Psychological factors effect of men's appearance management. Chungang Journal of Human Ecology, 24, 49-66.
- Hong, B. S., Paik, I. S., & Kwon, Y. J. (2007). The effect of men's sex role identity and self concept on appearance concern and satisfaction of cosmetics and hair products. Chungang Journal of Human Ecology, 26, 51-61.
- Hong, D. S. (1985). Dynamics of the cognitive-affective responses in the triadic social situations and processes of interpersonal relations. The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 2(2), 61-93.
- Joe, H. J. (1989). Female and Male of Korean. Seoul : Munhakkwa Chisongsa.
- Joe, S. M. (2000). Effects of sociocultural attitude toward appearance and body images on clothing benefits sought. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Jung, G. H. (2002). A study of the influence on television advertising due to the change of social policy : Femininity and masculinity in television advertising. Journal of advertising, 13(5), 45-71.
- Kahng, H. W. (1996). The social psychology of clothing. Paju: Kyomunsa.
- Kaiser, S. B. (1990). The social psychology of clothing symbolic appearances in context. NY: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Kim, G. S. (2004). Amos analysis structural equation modeling. Seoul: Data Solution.
- Kim, M. J., & Lee, M. S. (2007). Korea trend after 3 years. Hansmedia.
- Kim, S. G., & Park, J. S. (1990). A study on the relationship between self-esteem and clothing behavior - For adult males and femalse - Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 14 (4), 305-313.
- Ku, Y. S., Lee, Y. J., & Choo, T. G. (2011). A study on appearance management behavior of male consumers(3) - Focusing on the gender role identity -. Journal of the Korean Society for clothing Industry, 13(2), 226-233. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.2.226
- Kwon, S. H. (2004). (SAS, SPSS)Analysis of survey. Paju: Jayou academy.
- Lee, B. I. (2000). The analysis of job, self-efficacy, sex role identities, social contact according to university student's major and job choice. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Lee, D. I. (2006a). A study on the effects of a school marathon on the participants' physical self-efficacy. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University, Seoul.
- Lee, E. S. (2007a). The effects of the appearance satisfaction and the sex difference on self-efficacy, school-related adjustment and achievement motivation for the elementary school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Lee, G. O. (2005). Change of Korea masculinity through advertising. Journal of Korean Society for Advertising Education, 113-130.
- Lee, H. O. (2008). A structural study on the interpersonal appearance factors influencing on cosmeceuticals usage intension. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungbuk National University, Daegu.
- Lee, J. H. (2004b). Study on the appearance management behaviors in university man : As related to sex role identity. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Lee, M. H., & Lee, E. S. (1997). A study on appearance interest and self - confidence of elderly women associated with demographic variables. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 21(6), 1072-1081.
- Lee, O. H. (1985). Research on old women's preferences of dresses and actuality of clothes. Unpublished master's thesis, Wonkwang University, Icksan.
- Lee, S. J. (2004a). Study on relationship among interpersonal anxiety, self-efficacy and body image of female students in college. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul Womens University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. J. (2006b). Study of cosmetics usage behavior according to male consumer's concern of beauty. Unpublished master's thesis, Jungang University, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. J. (2007b). Transactions : Male consumers' motives of appearance management behavior - Focused on their sex role identities and benefit sought in clothing. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(4), 551-56. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.4.551
- Lim, I. S. (2007). Korean new male's consumption trend. Journal of Korean Sociological Association. 12, 87-103.
- Lim, S. J., Hwang, S. J., Lee, J. N., & Lee, S. H. (2002). The social psychology of clothing. Seoul: Soohaksa.
- 'Mens Makeup Shop' First opened in Korea. (2009, March 30). Dairy cosmetic. Retrieved December 20, 2012, from http://www.dailycosmetic.com
- 'Men's market scale surpassed women's wear'. (2011, March 15). Asiae geong jae. Retrieved January 15, 2013, from http://www.asiae.co.kr
- Moon, S. J., & Yuh, Y. K. (2005). Consumption trend & Marketing. Seoul: Sinjung.
- Myerson, L. (1971). Somatopsychology of physical disability. In W. M. Cruickshank (Eds.), Psychology of exceptional children and youth, Englewood cliffs. NJ: Prentice-Hall,
- Park, D. H. (2003). Effects of a self-growth program on the personal relations tendencies and adaptation to school life of elementary school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Andong National University, Andong.
- Park, H. R. (2007b). Appearance management typology & the related factors in 20-30's male consumer. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Park, S. J. (2007a). A categorization of analysis for young male's fashion, hair, skin, body image : unified methods of contents analysis, survey and Q analysis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Park, S. J., & Park, G. S. (2008b). The changing aspect of appearances in male fashion magazines. Journal of the Korean Living Science Association, 17(1), 105-114. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2008.17.1.105
- Park, S. J., & Park, G. S. (2008a). Male attitude and recognition for appearance management behavior. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 16(3), 533-546.
- Ryou, E. J., & Kim, Y. H. (2008). Appearance management behaviors and motives by body image of college men. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 46(1), 63-72.
- Shilling, D. (1993). The psychology for Moral Behavior. Middlesex England: Penguin Book
- Shin, Y. W. (2006). Study on influencing variables of man's appearance management behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Sung, Y. S., Park, E. A., Lee, J. W., & Kim, W. S. (2009). Psychological power of beauty: focused on gender difference and life-domain difference. Journal of the Korean psychology, 10(3), 461-488.
- Woo, J. Y. (2005). Metro - sexual trend and appearance control behavior by life-style of twenties men. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyunghee University, Seoul.
- Yoo, C. J., & Jung, H. E. (2002). Exploratory research of consumers' beauty seeking behavior ; Men's decoration behavior & women's makeup, cosmetic surgery, and fitness behavior. Journal of consumer studies, 13(1), 211-232.
- Youn, S. Y. (2007). Study on cognition and attitude toward appearance management in college women : Focused on hair, skin care, makeup, and cosmetic surgery. Unpublished master's thesis, Hannam University, Daejeon.
- Study on the Effects of College Students' Interpersonal Relations Disposition on Appearance Concern and Appearance Management Behavior vol.16, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.6.888
- A study of influence factor on Mobile Game Heavy User - focused on Game User Properties vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9728/dcs.2015.16.3.493
- Study on Appearance-oriented, Appearance Management Behavior according to the types of Masculinity vol.15, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.6.923
- Study on the relationship of Interpersonal Relations Disposition, Appearance Concern, Appearance Management Behavior of Men vol.65, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2015.65.7.118
- Study on the Relationship of Appearance Instrumentality, Appearance concern and Appearance management behavior of Women vol.68, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2018.68.1.001
- Study on the Appearance-oriented, Appearance-Related Consumption Behavior according to sub-variables of Appearance Instrumentality vol.20, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.4.400