- Volume 31 Issue 1
A Study on the Printability according to Ink-Jet Paper of Digital Web-Printing
디지털 윤전 인쇄에서 잉크젯 전용지에 따른 인쇄 적성에 관한 연구
- Oh, Se-Jin (Korea Armed Forces Printing & Publishing Depot) ;
- Kim, Sung-Su (Korea Armed Forces Printing & Publishing Depot) ;
- Koo, Chul-Whoi (Dept. of Graphic Art Information Engineering, college of Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2013.06.28
- Accepted : 2013.08.09
- Published : 2013.09.01
Nowadays the printing market has shift from 2D(two dimension) industry to 3D(three dimension) industry, along with IT. With rapidly changing market, it's true that the effort to develop the printing materials and upgrade the printing qualities is produced actively in the country. Particularly, the differences in printing materials can often determine the quality of printings in the printability. In the case of the printability of offset, 9 items(paper, ink, order of printing, ink supply, blowing-up halftone, grey balance, key color(base color), overlap efficiency, quality at the halftone dot reproduction etc.) are usually considered as the important factors and used to estimate the printability at abroad. However, in domestic, ink-jet paper is not used for the printing/publishing by ink-jet printing for digital, but done mainly for offset printing. Because the paper of gloss coated type, which is the ink-jet paper, has high price, it's too hard to manufacture massively printing/publishing. Also, in the case of the paper of uncoated type, in spite of its reasonable price rather than the former, the type of uncoated one also has demerit that the ink-jet paper has a clear difference between the front and the back. Therefore, it's tough reality that Ink Jet paper is hardly taken advantage of as the printing/publishing. Thus, what is done in the first to print and/or publish on ink-jet paper is that the front and the back must be printed evenly, and appropriate to the printability of ink-jet. Although there're some kinds of ink-jet paper in the country, it has not been produced in true domestic production yet. In addition, thanks to the brightness of fluorescence brightening agent, the foreign product can offer the good-qualified one-time printing. But when it comes to the printing/publishing, there're difficulties that it may cause the Ocular Fatigue because of long-term exposure of the eyes to text. This research tries to find out the optimum ink-jet paper in domestic for the printing/publishing by studying on the printability of ink-jet on digital web-printing. And it also tries to look for the paper's brightness which can be reduce the possibility to cause the consumers' Ocular Fatigue.
- Hidcak Ohmon, "High Quality Printing", Japan Tappl Journal (1997).
- T. W. Bang, "Comparative Study on Printing Quality of Printed Publications Depending on Methods - Focus on Offset Printing Depending in Methods", Dongguk University, Soule (2009).
- Y. J. Kim, "The Research for Resolution Measurement Method of Digital Printer." - with Emphasis on the Ink-Jet Printer, Chung-Ang University, Soule (2005).
- Y. G. Beak, "The Study on Improvement on the Equality of Density on Korea Newspaper Priting", Pukyong University, Busan (2011).
- G. A. Hong, "Astudy on Printing Conditions for the Print-Through in Web Offset Printing", Pukyong University, Busan (2007).
- S. M. Lim, "A study on the printavility of the paper prepared from red algae pulp (RAP)" Pukyong University, Busan (2008).
- Y. B. Ha, "A study on the Printavility of Korean Newspaper and Ink Surface Tension", Pukyong University, Busan (2005).
- D. J. Choi "The Study of Printability on the Domestic Heat-set Web Inks" Dongguk University, Soule (2011).