- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Bioleaching of Cobalt and Copper from Cobalt Concentrate by Aspergillus niger strains
Aspergillus niger 균주를 이용(利用)한 코발트 정광(精鑛)으로부터 코발트 및 구리의 미생물(微生物) 침출(浸出) 연구(硏究)
- Ahn, Hyo-Jin (Dept. of Advanced materials & Science. Daejin University) ;
- Ahn, Jae-Woo (Dept. of Advanced materials & Science. Daejin University) ;
- Bang, Duk-Ki (Dept. of Enviromental Eng., Daejin University) ;
- Kim, Meong-Woon (Dept. of Enviromental Eng., Daejin University)
- Received : 2013.01.21
- Accepted : 2013.03.06
- Published : 2013.04.30
Bioleaching behavior of metal ions for recovery of cobalt and copper from cobalt concentrate was investigated by employing three Aspergillus niger strains. Various factors, such as organic acid generation with fungi type, pH of the culture and pulp density were studied. The results showed that the best fungi for organic acid(citric acid and oxalic acid) generation was A. niger KCTC 6144 using Malt Extract Broth culture at initial pH 3.5. But A. niger KCTC 6985 was more effective for the leaching of cobalt and copper from cobalt concentrate. Our results showed that 82% cobalt and 98% copper was dissolved by A. niger KCTC 6985 at 10g/L pulp density, at pH 3.5 and
Supported by : 지식경제부
- D.E. Rawlings, 1998 : Industrial practice and the biology of leaching of metals from ores, J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 20, pp. 168-274.
- Brierley, J.A. and Brierley, C.L. 2001 : Present and future commercial applications of biohydrometallurgy, Hydrometallurgy, 59, pp. 233-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-386X(00)00162-6
- Geoffrey S. Simate, Sehliselo Ndlovu, Lubinda F. Walubita, 2010 : The fungal and chemolithotrophic leaching of nickel laterites - Challenges and opportunities, Hydrometallurgy, 10, pp. 1-8.
- J.A. Tang, M. Valix, 2006 : Leaching of low grade limonite and nontronite ores by fungi metabloic acids, Minerals engineering, 19, pp. 1274-1279. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mineng.2006.04.009
- S. Mohapatra, N. Pradhan, S. Mohanty, L.B. Sukla, 2009 : Recovery of nickel from laterite nickel ore using Aspergillus niger and optimization of parameters, Minerals engineering, 22, pp. 311-313. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mineng.2008.08.002
- Catherine N. Mulligan, Mahtab Kamali, Bernard F. Gibbs, 2004 : Bioleaching of heavy metals from a low-grade mining ore using Aspergillus niger, J. of Hazardous Materials, 110, pp. 77-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2004.02.040
- F. Anjum, H. Nawaz B.M. Asgher, M. Shahid, 2010 : Leaching of metal ions from black shale by organic acids produced by Aspergillus niger, Applied Clay Science, 47, pp. 356-361. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clay.2009.11.052
- Orquidea Coto, Fedrico Galizia, Ianeya Hernandez, et al., 2008 : Cobalt and nickel recoveries from laterite tailings by organic and inorganic bio-acids, Hydrometallurgy, 94, pp. 18-22. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hydromet.2008.05.017
- Khin Moh Moh Aung, Yen-Peng Ting, 2005 : Bioleaching of spent fluid catalytic cracking catalyst using Aspergillus niger, Journal of Biotechmology, 116, pp. 159-170.
- I.M. Castro, J.L.R. Fietto, R.X. Vieira, et al., 2000 : Bioleaching of zinc and nickel from silicates using Aspergillus niger cultures, 57, pp. 39-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-386X(00)00088-8
- Jae-Woo Ahn, Jin-Ki Jeong, Jae-Chun Lee, Dong-Gin Kim, 2005 : Bioleaching of valuable metals from electronic scrap using fungi(Aspergillus niger) as a microorganism, J. of Korean Inst. of Resources Recycling, 14(5), pp. 24-31.
- Jae-woo Ahn, Hyo-Jin Ahn, Meong-Woon Kim, 2011 "Chemical Leaching of Co, Cu, Ni, Al, Fe by Organic acid from Cobalt Concentrate" J. of Korean inst. of Resources Recycling, 20(6), pp. 63-70. https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2011.20.6.063
- Experiences and Future Challenges of Bioleaching Research in South Korea vol.6, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3390/min6040128
- Separation of Copper & Cobalt by Solvent Extraction in Organic Acid Leaching Solution vol.24, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2015.24.3.3
- Bioleaching Behavior of Cu and Co by Aspergillus Niger Strains from Molasses Culture vol.23, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2014.23.1.64
- Column Bioleaching of Arsenic from Mine Tailings Using a Mixed Acidophilic Culture: A Technical Feasibility Assessment vol.24, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7844/kirr.2015.24.6.69