- Volume 26 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Rigid Body Dynamic Analysis on the Spent Nuclear Fuel Disposal Canister under Accidental Drop and Impact to the Ground: Numerical analysis
사고로 지면으로 추락낙하 충돌하는 고준위폐기물 처분용기에 대한 기구동역학 해석: 수치해석
- Kwon, Young-Joo (Department of Mechanical & Design Engineering, Hongik University)
- 권영주 (홍익대학교 기계정보공학과)
- Received : 2013.07.31
- Accepted : 2013.10.21
- Published : 2013.10.31
This paper is the second paper among two papers which constitute the paper about the rigid body dynamic analysis on the spent nuclear fuel disposal canister under accidental drop and impact to the ground. This paper performed the numerical study on the rigid body dynamic analysis. Through this study the impulsive force which is occurring in the spent nuclear fuel disposal canister under accidental drop and impact to the ground and required for the structural safety design of the canister is computed numerically. The main content of this numerical study is about the technical method how to compute the impulsive forces occurring in the canister under accidental drop and impact to the ground by using the commercial rigid body dynamic analysis computer codes. On the basis of this study the impulsive force which is occurring in the canister in the case of collision with the ground is numerically computed. This numerically computed impulsive force is increasing as the canister weight is increasing, and the canister falls plumb down and collides with the ground in three types according to the analysis results.
- IAEA(International Atomic Energy Agency) (1985) Regulations for the Safe Transport of Radioactive Materials, Vienna, Austria.
- Ku N.K., Roh M.I., Cha J.H. (2012) Calculation of the Dynamic Contact Force between a Shipbuilding Block and Wire Ropes of a Goliath Crane for the Optimal Lug Arrangement, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 25(5), pp.375-380. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.5.375
- Ku N.K., Roh M.I., Lee K.Y. (2012) Dynamic Constrained Force of Tower Top ad Rotor Shaft of Floating Wind Turbine, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 25(5), pp.455-463. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.5.455
- Kwon Y.J. (1999) Structural Analysis of Robot Structure Handling Nuclear Fuel Assembly in Liquid Metal Reactor Vessel I: Rigid Body Dynamic Analysis, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 12(4), pp.573-581.
- Kwon Y.J. (2010) Finite Element Analysis of Transient Heat Transfer in and Around a Deep Geological Repository for a Spent Nuclear Fuel Disposal Canister and the Heat Generation of the Spent Nuclear Fuel, Nuclear Science and Engineering, 164, pp.264-296. https://doi.org/10.13182/NSE09-11
- Kwon Y.J. (2011) Structural Analysis of PWR (pressurized water reactor) Canister for Applied Impact Force Occurring at the Moment of Falling Plumb Down Collision, Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 24(2), pp.211-222.
- Lee J.Y., Cho D.K., Choi H.J., Choi J.W. (2007) Concept of a Korean Reference Disposal System for Spent Fuel, Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 44(12), pp.1565-1573. https://doi.org/10.1080/18811248.2007.9711407
- Lee P.S, Kang J.C. (2001) Applied Structural Analysis, Cheong Moon Gak Publishers, Republic of Korea, p.520.
- Miller G.K. (1993) Calculation of Impact Loads for High Energy Drops of Cylindrical Containers, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 13(4), pp.511-526. https://doi.org/10.1016/0734-743X(93)90083-J
- Salo J.P., Raiko H. (1990) The Copper/Steel Canister Design for Nuclear Waste Disposal, TVO/KPA Turvallisuus Ja Tekniikka, Work Report 90-10, Rev. 1., Teollisuuden Voima Oy, Helsinki, Finland.
- Shabana A.A. (1985) Substructure Synthesis Methods for Dynamic Analysis of Multi-body Systems, Computers & Structures, 20(4), pp.737-744. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(85)90035-5
- Teper W.W., Suave R.G. (1989) Simplified Method for Predicting Impact Loads of Solid-walled Transportation Packagings for Radioactive Materials, Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology, 111, pp.316-321. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3265681
- Thomson T. (1976) Theory of Vibration with Applications, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall.
- Zhou W., Apted M.J., Kessler J.H. (2010) The Thermal-hydrological Impact on Increased Spent Fuel Storage Capacity in Yucca Mountain Repository. Nuclear Technology, 170. pp.336-352. https://doi.org/10.13182/NT10-A9487
- 小栗富土雄, 小栗達男 (2000) 標準機械設計圖表, 大光書林 編輯部編, 日本.
- Theoretical and numerical computation of impact impulse due to frictionless collision experienced by a spent nuclear fuel disposal canister accidentally dropped on the ground vol.30, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-016-0117-6
- Impact Force Applied on the Spent Nuclear Fuel Disposal Canister that Accidentally Drops and Collides onto the Ground vol.40, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.5.469