- Volume 37 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Analysis of Rotor Systems Considering Ball Bearing Contact Mechanism
볼 베어링의 접촉 메커니즘을 고려한 회전체 시스템의 동적 해석
- Kim, YoungJin (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Lee, Jongmahn (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Oh, Dongho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2013.10.09
- Accepted : 2013.11.15
- Published : 2013.12.01
We propose a finite element modeling method considering the ball bearing contact mechanism, and the developed method was verified through experimental and analytical results of inner and outer race-type rotor systems. A comparison of the proposed method with conventional method reveals that there is little difference in the results of the inner race-type rotor system, but there are considerable differences in the results of the outer race-type rotor system such that predictions of greater accuracy can be made. Therefore, the proposed method can be used for accurately predicting the dynamic characteristics of an outer race-type rotary machine.
Rotor Dynamics;Finite Element Analysis;Ball Bearing;Campbell Diagram
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Kim, W.D., 1993, "Effect of Misalignment on The Fatigue Life of Ball Bearing", Ph.D. Dissertation, Seoul National University.
- Tedric, A. H. and Michael, N. K., 2007, "Rolling Bearing Analysis," Fifth Edition, Talyor & Francis, USA
- Chen, J. S. and Hwang, Y., 2006, "Centrifugal Force Induced Dynamics of a Motorized High-Speed Spindle," Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Technol, Vol. 30, No. 1-2, pp. 10-19 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-005-0032-y
- Jedrzejewski, J. and Kwasny, W., 2010, "Modeling of Angular Contact Ball Bearings and Axial Displacements for High-Speed Spindles," CIRP Annuals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 59, pp. 377-382. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2010.03.026
- N. Akturk, "Dynamics of A Rigid Shaft Supported by Angular Contact Ball Bearing," Ph.D. Thesis, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, London, UK., 1993.