- Volume 37 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Optimization of Design Parameters for Lock-Claws of Pneumatic Fitting Using Taguchi Method
다구찌기법을 이용한 공압피팅용 원형 판스프링의 설계변수 최적화
- Kwon, Tae Ha (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Suh, Chang Hee (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Lee, Rac Gyu (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Oh, Sang Kyun (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Jung, Yun-Chul (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute) ;
- Lim, Hwan Bin (Sang-A Pneumatic Co., LTD.)
- 권태하 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 서창희 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 이락규 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 오상균 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 정윤철 (대구기계부품연구원) ;
- 임환빈 ((주)상아뉴메틱)
- Received : 2013.04.30
- Accepted : 2013.09.25
- Published : 2013.12.01
The stress concentration of lock-claws, which are one of the important parts for pneumatic fitting for a flexible tube connection, was investigated by finite element simulation. In this study, the generation of the local plastic deformation was predicted when the tube was hooked up to a pneumatic fitting in order to disperse the stress concentration, and design optimization was carried out using the Taguchi method. For the optimization, the outer width, bending angle, and inner radius of the lock-claws are used as main variables. As a result, their respective contribution ratios are revealed as 81.3%, 10.9%, and 1.5%. The ratio of the total stress distribution was improved by 4% compared with the initial design of the lock-claws.
Pneumatic Fitting;Lock-Claws;Finite Element Simulation;Design of Experiment;Taguchi Method
- Kwon, T. H., Lee, L. G., Oh, S. K., Jung, Y- C., Suh, C. H. and Lim, H. B., 2012, "Finite Element Simulation for Lock-Claws of Pneumatic Fitting," Proc. Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast. Conf., pp. 257-260.
- Kang, B. S., Song, J, S., Yoo, Y, C. and Kim, H. E., 2007, "Life Analysis of Flexible Tubes Fitting for Pneumatic System," Proc. of the KSME spring annual meeting, pp. 1842-1847.
- Chang, Y. J., Kim, Y. J., Kim, I. S., Hwang, B. O., Lee, W. R. and Lim, S. B., 2001, "A Stress Analysis on One-Touch Fitting of Pneumatic Systems," Proc. of the KSME Spring Annual Meeting, pp. 871-876.
- Kim, Y. S. and Park, K. C., 1996, "Sensitivity Analysis of Material and Process Variables Affecting on the Stamping Formability," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 20, No. 7, pp.2246-2256.
- Oh, S. K., Lee, K. K., Suh, C. H., Jung, Y-C. and Kim, Y. S., 2011, "Robust Optimization of the Solenoid Assembly in Electromagnetic Limited Differential by Considering the Uncertainties in Machining Variables," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 10, pp. 1307-1313. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.10.1307
- Oh, S. K., Suh, C. H., Jung, Y-C., Kim, D. B., Sung, J. H. and Kim, Y. S., 2008, "Optimization of design Variables of the Multi Layer Bellows Using FESimulation and Design of Experiment," Proc. Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast. Conf., pp. 277-280.
- Park, S. H., 2006, Modern Design of Experiments, Minyoungsa, Mapo-gu Seoul-si Korea, pp.563-589
- Choi, W. K., Choi, S. G., Shin, H. J. and Lee, E. S., 2012, "A Study in the Optimal Machining of 12 inch Wafer Polishing by Taguchi Method," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 48-54.
- Kim, S. H., Park, Y. C. and Park, J. H., 2010, "Optimization of Pre-form for Manufacturing of Automobile Crum Clutch Hub Products Using Taguchi Method," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 9, No. 6, pp. 101-108.
- Lee, S. K., Lee, J. E. and Kim, B. M., 2008, "Optimization of Dies Angles to Improve the Dimensional Accuracy and Straightness of the Shaped Drawn Product Based on the ED Simulation and the Taguchi Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, No. 16, pp. 474-480. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.6.474
- Composeco-Negrete, C., 2013, "Optimization of cutting parameters for minimizing energy consumption in turning of AISI 6061 using Taguchi methodology and ANOVA," Journal of cleaner production, V.53, pp.195-203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2013.03.049
- Kuram, E. and Ozcelik, B., 2013, "Multi-objective optimization Using Taguchi Based Grey Relational Analysis for Micro-Milling of AL 7075 Material with Ball Nose End Mill," Journal of the international Measurement Confedeation, Vol.46, No.6, pp. 1849-1864 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2013.02.002
- Siddesha, H. S. and Shantharaja, M., 2013, "Characterization of Mechanical Properties of Aluminum Processed by Repetitive Corrugaton and Straightening Process Using Taguchi Analysis," The journal of the Minerals, Metals & Materials Society, Vol.65, pp. 294-298. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11837-012-0503-1
- Optimization of Design Parameters for Steel Grating Using Taguchi Method Considering Rigidity and Drainage Efficiency vol.38, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.8.905
- Study on the Linear Static Structural Analysis Error of Helical Compression Springs vol.40, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.2.237