- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Microleakage and Anticariogenic Effect of S-PRG Filler-containing Pit and Fissure Sealant
S-PRG filler를 함유한 치면열구전색제의 미세누출 및 항우식효과
- Shin, Seungwoo (Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Jongsoo (Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Dankook University)
- Received : 2013.07.03
- Accepted : 2013.09.07
- Published : 2013.11.29
Pit and fissure sealant prevents biofilm accumulation, plays a role in forming a barrier to acidic substance made by the bacteria. The Surface reaction-type pre-reacted glass ionomerI(S-PRG) filler was developed in 1999. S-PRG filler releases fluoride continuously and does not decompose under wet conditions. The aim of this study was to test the microleakage and anticariogenic effect to adjacent enamel of S-PRG filler-containing pit and fissure sealant. Sound premolars and molars were used in this study. A S-PRG filler-containing pit and fissure sealant, Beautisealant
- Beauchamp J, Caufield PW, Crall JJ : Evidencebased Clinical Recommendations for the use of Pitand- fissure Sealants: A Report of the American Dental Association Council on Scientific Affairs. J Am Dent Assoc, 139:257-68, 2008. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2008.0155
- Feigal RJ, Donly KJ : The use of pit and fissure sealants. Pediatr Dent, 28:143-50, 2006.
- Cueto EI, Buonocore MG : Sealing of pits and fissures with an adhesive resin: its use in caries prevention. J Am Dent Assoc, 75:121-128, 1967. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1967.0205
- Gwinnett AJ, Ripa LW : Penetration of pit and fissure sealants into conditioned human enamel in vivo. Arch Oral Biol, 18:435-439, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9969(73)90168-4
- Hyatt TP : Occlusal fissures: Their frequency and danger. How shall they be treated? Dent Items Interest, 46:493, 1924.
- Bodecker CF : The eradication of enamel fissures. Dent Items Interest, 51:859, 1929.
- Bowen RL : Composite and sealant resin-past, present and future. Pediatric Dent, 4:10, 1982.
- Benelli Em, Serra MC, Rodrigues Al Jr., Cury JA : In situ anticariogenic potential od glass ionomer cement. Caries Res, 27:280-284, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1159/000261551
- Qvist V, Laurberg L, Poulsen A, Teglers PT : Eightyear study on conventional glass ionomer and amalgam restorations in primary teeth. Acta Odontol Scand, 62:37-45, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/00016350310008689
- Berg JH, Donly KJ, Posnick WR : Glass ionomer-silver restorations: a demineralization-remineralization concept. Quintessence Int, 19:639-641, 1988.
- Derkson GD, Richardson AS, Jinks GM : Clinical evaluation of a restoration containing fluoride: twoyear results. Pediatr Dent, 11:286-290, 1989.
- Berg JH : The continuum of restorative materials in pediatric dentistry, A review for the clinician. Pediatr Dent, 20:93-100, 1998.
- Roberts TA, Miyai K, Ikemura K : Fluoride ion sustained release preformed glass ionomer filler and dental compositions containing the same. United States Patent No.5883153, 1999.
- Kim JS : Compressive strength and microhardness of flowable composite resin and flowable giomer. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent, 39:383-388, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5933/JKAPD.2012.39.4.383
- Ovrebo RC : Microleakage in fissures sealed with resin or glass ionomer cement. Scand. J Dent Res, 98:66-69, 1990.
- White DJ : Use of synthetic polymergels for artificial carious lesion preparation. Caries Res, 21:228-242, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1159/000261026
- Mjor IA : Frequency of secondary caries at various anatomical locations. Oper Dent, 10:88-92, 1985.
- Wang Y, Kaga M : In release and buffering capacity of S-PRG filler-containing pit and fissure sealant in lactic acid. Nano Biomedicine, 3:275-281, 2011.
- Shimaz K : Evaluation of the ion-releasing and recharging abilities of a resin-based fissure sealant containing S-PRG filler. Dental material journal, 30:923-927, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4012/dmj.2011-124
- Arends J, Bousch JJ : Demineralization and remineralization evaluation techniques. J Dent Res, 71:924-928, 1992.
- Mishima H, Kozawa Y : SEM and EDS analysis of calcospherites in human teeth. Eur J Oral Sci, 106:392-296, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0722.1998.tb02204.x
- Thuy TT, Nakagaki H, Robinson C, et al. : Effect of strontium in combination with fluoride on enamel remineralization in vitro. Arch Oral Biol, 53:1017-1022, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archoralbio.2008.06.005
- Ganesh M : Comparative evaluation of the marginal sealing ability of fuji vii and concise as pit and fissure sealants. J contemporary dental practice, 4:10-18, 2007.
- Im E : A study of microleakeage and penetration ability of a pit and fissure sealant applied on carious fissures. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent, 37:345-351, 2010.
- Antibacterial Properties of Pit and Fissure Sealant Containing S-PRG filler on <i>Streptococcus mutans</i> vol.42, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5933/JKAPD.2015.42.4.302
- Shear Bond Strength and Microleakage of a New Self-etch Sealant Containing S-PRG filler vol.43, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5933/JKAPD.2016.43.4.347