- Volume 49 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Wear characteristics on particle volume fraction of nano silica composite materials
입자 함유율의 변화에 따른 나노 실리카 복합재료의 마모 특성
- Lee, Jung-Kyu (Department of Control and Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Pukyong National University) ;
- Koh, Sung Wi (Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2013.10.30
- Accepted : 2013.11.17
- Published : 2013.11.30
The characteristics of abrasive wear of the rubber matrix composites filled with nano sized silica particles were investigated at ambient temperature by pin-on-disc friction test. The range of volume fraction of silica particles tested are between 11% to 25%. The cumulative wear volume and friction coefficient of these materials on particle volume fraction were determined experimentally. The major failure mechanisms were lapping layers, deformation of matrix, ploughing, deboding of particles and microcracking by scanning electric microscopy photograph of the tested surface. The cumulative wear volume showed a tendency to increase nonlinear with increase of sliding distance. As increasing the silica particles of these composites indicated higher friction coefficient.
Supported by : 부경대학교
- Badmos AY and Ivey D. 2001. Characterization of structural alumina ceramics used in ballistic armour and wear application. J Mat Sci 36, 4995-5005. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011885631876
- Chand N, Naik A and Neogi S. 2000. Three-body abrasive of short glass fibre polyester composite. Wear 242, 38-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(00)00398-7
- Dasari, A, Yu ZZ and Mai YW. 2009. Fundamental aspect and recent progress on wear/scratch damage in polymer nanocomposites. Mat Sci and Tech 63, 31-80.
- Kim BT and Koh SW. 2008. A study on abrasive wear characteristics of side plate of FRP ship. J Kor Soc Fish Tech 44, 250-256. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2008.44.3.250
- Kim JD, Kim HJ, Koh SW and Kim YS. 2010a. Wear properties of epoxy matrix nonocomposites. J Kor Soc Pow Sys Eng 14, 83-88.
- Kim SY, Kim EB, Yoo Q and Ju CS. 2010b. Tribological wear behavior of PTFE impregnated with Cu nano particles. J Kor Soc Pow Sys Eng 14, 50-55.
- Koh SW and Yang BC, Kim HJ and Kim JD. 2006. Study on abrasive wear behavior of a Carbon fiber composites. J Kor Soc Pow Sys Eng 10, 46-51.
- Koh SW, Kim HJ, Kim B, Hwang SO, Kim JD and Choi WS. 2007. Effect of load upon the abrasive wear sillica-epoxy resin composite. Mat Sci Forum 544-545, 255-258. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/MSF.544-545.255
- Li J, Wu Y, Wang D and Hu X. 2000. The microstructure and wear resistance characteristics of electroformed nickel and partially stabilized zirconia composite coatings. J Mat Sci 35, 1751-1758. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1004780619429
- Ravikiran A and Jahanmir S. 2001. Effect of contact pressure and load on wear of alumina. Wear 251, 980-984. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(01)00739-6
- Ren JR, Kim KH and Kim SS. 2001. Tribological evaluation of dental composite resins containing prepolymerized particle fillers. KSME Int J 15, 727-734.
- Westergard RN, Axen A, Wiklund U and Hogmark S. 2000. An evaluation of plasma sprayed ceramic coatings by erosion, abrasion and bend testing. Wear 246, 12-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(00)00506-8