- Volume 16 Issue 5
Here we report the results of an experimental laboratory test to verify the applicability to railway bridges of a PSC I girder of which the upper flange thickness was increased to improve sectional performance. The thicker this flange is, the further upward the neutral axis is moved. If in this way the span length can be increased to 40m long, the bridge may be constructed with four girders instead of five. Therefore, construction cost could be lowered by reducing the weight of the long span structure due to increased sectional efficiency. It was also necessary to be certain that the dynamic performance of this relatively flexible structure would be applicable to railway bridges. Therefore numerical analysis, as well as static and dynamic tests, was carried out for a full-size PSC I girder. Based on these results, it was verified that the performance of the PSC I railway bridge satisfied the performance criteria of the design code.
- T.-G. Lee, S.-W. Oa (2008) Comparison of Girder High and Construction Cost by Span in Various Types of Railway Bridge, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 11(5), pp. 471-476.
- K.-S. Kim, I.-H. Yang (2008) Development of New Type PSC Beam Girder Bridges in Korea, Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute, 20(3), pp. 26-33.
- S.-H. Kang, T.-G. Choi, S.-J. Park, S.-I. Kim (2009) Dynamic Serviceability Estimation of the Simple Railway Bridge with PSC I Girder, Journal of the Korea Society of Hazard Mitigation, 9(1) , pp. 65-71.
- J.S. Sim, I.H. Bae, J.K. Kim (1999) An Analytical Study for Design of Long-Span Prestressed Concrete Bridge I-Girder, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 19(I-4), pp. 581-590.
- S.-H. Kim, J.-H. Ahn, J.-H. Won, Y.-J. Park, (2006) A Study on PSC I girder using Thermal Prestressed Steel Plate(TPSC), Proceeding of KSCE Conference, Gwangju, pp. 1456-1459.
- S.H. Kim, J.M. Jeong, J.W. Seo, Y.H. Park (2006) The Evaluation of Structural Performation for PSC I Girder deigned by Optimizing, Proceeding of KSCE Conference, Gwangju, pp. 1423-1426.
- S.I. Kim, W.S. Chung, E.S. Choi (2005) A Study on the Optimal Span Length Selection of Conventional Railway Bridges considering Resonance Suppression, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 8(2) , pp. 137-144.
- S.I. Kim, N.S. Kim, H.U. Lee (2006) Dynamic Performance Estimation of the Incrementally PSC Girder Railway Bridge by Modal Tests and Moving Load Analysis Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 26(4A) , pp. 707-717.
- R.-K. Min, D.-Y. Sung, Y.-G. Park (2012) Experimental Evaluation for Damping Ratio Limit of Railway Bridge according to Structure Types, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(2) , pp. 154-161. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.2.154
- S.H., Han, M.S. Bang, W.S. Lee (2010) A Study on Dynamic Capacity Assessment of PSC Box Girder High Speed Rail Bridges Using Time Series Load , Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 30(3A) , pp. 211-219.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2011) "Railway Design Standard(Infrastructure)".
- EUROCODE 1 Part 2 (2006) "Actions on Structures : General actions -Traffic loads on bridges", European Committee for Standardization.