- Volume 22 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on Development of Protein Materials using Dead Flatfish from Fish Farms(1) -Antioxidant Functional Properties-
양식장 넙치 폐사어를 이용한 단백질 소재의 개발에 관한 연구(1) -항산화 기능특성-
Kang, Keon-Hee;Lee, Min-Gyu;Kam, Sang-Kyu;Jeong, Kap-Seop
- Received : 2013.04.25
- Accepted : 2013.06.10
- Published : 2013.11.29
To develop the protein materials by the reutilization of dead flatfish from fish farms in Jeju island, the physicochemical characteristics and the functional activities of collagen peptide extracts were investigated. Flatfish skin collagen peptide (FSCP) and flatfish protein hydrolysate (FPH) were manufactured from dead flatfish. The differences of pH, moisture and fat contents between FSCP and FPH were not significant, fat contents were analyzed less than 0.3%, and trans-fat, saturated fat and cholesterol were not detected in both samples. Protein contents of FSCP and FPH showed about 92% and 95%, respectively. In the analysis of amino acids, glycine and hydroxy proline content in FSCP was 24.22% and 6.15%, respectively, showed a typical characteristics of the collagen protein, but essential amino acids contents such as threonine, valine, methionine, isoleusine, leusine and phenylalanine were relatively higher than those of FPH. Average molecular weight of FSCP was measured as 1,102 which was almost equal value with that of tuna collagen peptide. The antioxidant activities and functional properties showed high but did not show significant difference between two samples.
Flatfish;Collagen peptide;Protein hydrolysate;Antioxidant activity
- Burda, S., Oleszek, W., 2001, Antioxidant and antiradical activities of flavonoids, J. Agric. Food Chem., 49, 2774-2779. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf001413m
- Cushman, D. W., Cheung, H. S., 1971, Spectrophotometric assay and properties of the angiotensin-converting enzyme of rabbit lung, Biochem. Pharmacol., 20, 1637-1648. https://doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(71)90292-9
- Choi, J. H., Yoon, S. C., Lee, S. I., Kim, J. B., Kim, H. R., 2011, Feeding habits of paralichthys olivaceus in the Uljin marine ranching area, Korean J. Fisheries Aqua. Sci., 44(6), 684-688. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0684
- Heu, M. S., Shin, J. H., Park, K. H., Lee, J. S., Noe, Y. N., Jeon, Y. J., Kim, J. S., 2011, Quality of bastard halibut with different weights as a surimi source, Korean J. Fisheries Aqua. Sci., 44(1), 18-24. https://doi.org/10.5657/kfas.2011.44.1.018
- Jang, M. S., Park, H. Y., Kim, K. W., Kim, K. D., Son, M. H., 2011, Comparison of free amino acids and nucleotides content in the olive flounder paralichthys olivaceus fed with extruded pellet, Korean J. Food Preserv., 18(5), 746-754. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.5.746
- Jeong, K. S., 2011, Extraction characteristics of soluble solid from Rumex crispus(Curled Dock) roots, J. Environ. Sci., 20(10), 1265-1272. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2011.20.10.1265
- Kang, K. H., Jeong, K. S., 2012, Extraction characteristics, antioxidative effect and preparation of collagen gel of skate skin extracts, J. Korea Academia-Industrial Cooper. Soc., 13(7), 5637-5645. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5637
- Kang, J. H., 2003, Studies on the radical scavenging effects and the inhibitory effects on ACE activity of several flavonoids, J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutri., 32(8), 1318-1322. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.8.1318
- Kang, Y. K., Lee, E. A., Park, H. R., 2012, Neuroprotective effect according to reactive oxygen species scavenging activity from extracts of cudrania tricuspidata leaves, Korean J. Food Cookery Sci., 28(6), 821-828. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.6.821
- KFIA(Korea Food Industry Association), Korean Food Standards Codex, 2004, Munyoung sa, 469-507.
- KOSFOST(Korean society of food science and technology), 2004, Encyclopedia of food science and technology, Seoul, Gwangil Press, 185.
- KOSTAT(Statistics Korea), 2011, http://kostat.go.kr/ wnsearch/search.jsp.
- Montero, P., Alvarez, C. A., Marti, M. A., Borderias, A. J., 1995, Plaice skin collagen extraction and functional properties, J. Food Sci., 60(1), 1-3. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1995.tb05593.x
- Nam, S. H., Chang, S. M., Kang, M. Y., 2003, Varietal difference in antioxidative activity of ethanolic extracts from colored rice bran, J. Korean Soc. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol., 46(1), 16-22.
- NRRDI(National Rural Resources Development Institute), 2007, Food composition table, 7th. Revision, Seoul, Hyoilbooks, 248.
- Park, S. H., Lee, J. K., Jeon, J. K., Byun, H. G., 2011, Characterization of a collagenase-1 inhibitory peptide purified from skate dipturus chilensis skin, Korean J. Fish Aquat. Sci., 44(5), 456-463. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2011.0456