- Volume 22 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Forest Image according to Main Tree Species
숲의 주요 수종에 따른 이미지의 규명
Kim, Jin-Sook;Shin, Chang-Sup;Yeoun, Poung-Sik;Park, Suk-Hee;Koo, Wan-Hae
- Received : 2013.11.01
- Accepted : 2013.11.25
- Published : 2013.11.29
We have researched the image of different forest species by asking those who use these forests how they feel when enjoying them for their various purposes. We surveyed five different forest areas, these were a pine forest a korean pine forest a cypress forest a broad leafed forest and a mixed forest. We asked 806 people how these forests made them feel and what they thought was the image of these forests. We offered them a choice of 18 pairs of adjectives to describe how they felt. We used the SD Scale and discovered 4 different factors. A feeling of comfort and freshness and a feeling of order and space. There was also a feeling of intimacy with nature. Each forest gave out its own feeling and image. comfort and freshness was felt by those in the pine forest, the korean pine forest, the broad leafed forest and the mixed forest. A Feeling of order and space was felt in the korean pine forest. Intimacy was felt in the pine forest, broad leafed forest and the mixed forest.
Forest species;Forest healing;Mental health;SD
- GALLUP KOREA. 2010, The report of National Survey for forest. Seoul.
- Hwang, S. H., 2002, (A) Study on the of physiological and psychological effect of coniferous and broadleaf forest for the efficient utilization of forest resources, Master's thesis Chonnam National University. Gwangju.
- Kang, H. Y., 2003, The screet of Phytoncide. Yeok sa Net. Seoul. p.92.
- Kim, G. M., 2012, Study on the Effect of Forest Healing according to Type of Recreational Forest. PhD thesis, Chungbuk National University. Cheongju.
- Kim, K. W., Lee, Y. H. , Kim, C. Y., Park, C. W., Yu, R. H., 2009, The status of forest landscape management and Improvement way for healing forest. The Conference of Korean Institute of Forest Recreation. 10. p.57-62.
- Kim, T. J., 1999, Sutdies on the Scenic Perception Characteristics of Forest Landscape Images. J. Korean Soc. People Plants Environ. 2(1). p.24-31.
- Korea Forest Service., 2011a, The Law for Forest Culture and Recreation, Second provision. Daejeon.
- Korea Forest Service., 2011b, Development of Therapeutic Program on Forests. Daejeon.
- Korea Forest Service., 2012a, Statistical Yearbook of Forestry 2012. Daejeon.
- Korea Forest Service., 2012b, The Plan of Activation Forest Therapy(2012-2017).Daejeon.
- Korea Forest Service., 2012c, National Forest Management System, National Forest Survey 8th, Daejeon.
- Lee, Y. H., Kim, K. W., 2008, A Study on the Landscape Management Methods by the Characteristics of the Visual Preference of Forest Landscape : Focused on Korea National Arboretum. Master's Thesis Kukmin University. Seoul.
- Lee, Y. H ., 2012, The Forest Landscape Management of Therapeutic Forests by Visual Preference on the Simulation of Tree Density. Jour. Korean For. Soc. 101(4). p.648-655.
- Sim, C. D., 2013, A study on the Utilization Characteristics and Policy Improvement Measures of the Healing Forest. PhD. Thesis Gyeongsang National University. daegu.
- STATISTICS KOREA. 2012. http://kosis.kr.
- Wu, S. M., 2007, PASW 14.0. Human and Welfare books. Seoul. Korea.
Supported by : 산림청