- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Impact of LTE UE on Audio Devices
- Shim, Yongsup (Department of Information Communication, Kongju National University) ;
- Lee, Ilkyoo (Department of Electrical, Electonics & Control Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Park, Seungkeun (Broadcasting & Telecommunications Media Research Laboratory, ETRI)
- Received : 2012.10.03
- Accepted : 2012.12.20
- Published : 2013.04.01
In this letter, the acoustic noise due to long term evolution (LTE) user equipment (UE) is investigated with various transmitting powers of the LTE UE by using the Monte Carlo method in a practical acoustic noise experiment.
- Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation, Dec. 2011. http://imnews. imbc.com/replay/nwdesk/article/2976815_5780.html
- R.E. Schlegel and F.H. Grant, "Modeling the Electromagnetic Response of Hearing Aids to Digital Wireless Phones," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., vol. 42, no. 4, Nov. 2000, pp. 347- 357. https://doi.org/10.1109/15.902304
- I. Claesson and A. Rossholm, "Notch Filtering of Humming GSM Mobile Telephone Noise," Proc. IEEE-ICICS, 2005, pp. 1320-2323.
- C.R. Paul, Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2006.
- M. Skopec, "Hearing Aid Electromagnetic Interference from Digital Wireless Telephones," IEEE Trans. Rehab. Eng., vol. 6, no. 2, June 1998, pp. 235-239. https://doi.org/10.1109/86.681190
- H.B Liang et al., "The Effect and Solution of EMI Caused by 217 Hz TDMA Switching from Compact Size GSM Security System," Proc. IEEE-iWEM, 2011, pp. 186-190.
- 3GPP Std. TS 36.211 V.10.3.0, Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Physical Channels and Modulation, 2011.
- 3GPP Std. TR 36.942 V10.2.0, Technical Specification Group Radio Access Network; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Radio Frequency (RF) System Scenarios, 2010.
- M.H. Na et al., "Coexistence Studies for 3GPP LTE with Other Mobile Systems," IEEE Commun. Mag., Apr. 2009, pp. 60-65.
- W. Jing et al., "Interference Analysis and Coexistence Studies between E-UTRA and UTRA Systems," Proc. IEEE-VCT - Spring, 2010, pp. 1-6.
- European Communications Office, Spectrum Engineering Advanced Monte Carlo Analysis Tool (SEAMCAT) Handbook, CEPT, 2010.
- X. Chen et al., "Coexistence Analysis Involving 3GPP Long Term Evolution," Proc. IEEE-VTC, Fall 2007, pp. 225-229.
- ITU-T Std. P.800, Telephone Transmission Quality, 1996.
- A.D. Pierce, Acoustics: An Introduction to Its Physical Principles and Applications, Melville, NY: Acoustical Society of America, 1989.