- Volume 9 Issue 1
As environmentally friendly energy takes center stage, interests for Electric Vehicles/Plug in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (EVs/PHEVs) are getting increase. With this trend, there is no doubt EVs will take large portion to penetrations of total cars. Therefore, accurate EV modeling is required. Battery is one of the main components with the power system view of aspect. Hence, in this paper, reviews and discussions of some types of batteries for EV are contained by considering energy density and weight of the batteries. In addition, simulations of Li-Ion battery are accomplished with various variables such as temperature, capacity fading and charge/discharge current. It is confirmed that temperature is the main factor of capacity fading. Validation of the modeled battery is also conducted by comparing it with commercialized battery.
Battery;Capacity fade;EMTP/ATPDraw;Charge/discharge current;SoC
- Isidor Buchmann, "Batteries in a Portable World", 2001.
- D. A. Corrigan, "Introduction to NiMH Battery Technology," June 21, 2002.
- Dr. Forrest A.Trumbore ed, "Modern Battery Technology" Center for Professional Advancement, 1995.
- M. A. Fetcenko, S. Venkatesan, S. R. Ovshinsky, "Selection of Metal Hydride Alloys For Electrochemical Applications," Electrochemical SoCiety Proceedings Volume 92-5, pp. 141-167Dr. Forrest A.Trumbore ed, "Modern Battery Technology" Center for Professional Advancement, 1995.
- R.F. Nelson, "High-power batteries for the new 36/42 V automotive systems", Journal of Power Sources 107 (2002) 226-239 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(01)01082-5
- Henry Oman, "On-board energy and power management on electric vehicles: effect of battery type", The AIAA/IEEE/SAE Digital Avionics Systems Conference, November 1998.
- Chul-Hwan Kim, Myung-Hee Lee, Raj K. Aggarwal, Allan T. Johns, "Educational Use of EMTP MODELS for the Study of a Distance Relaying Algorithm for Protecting Transmission Lines", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 15, No. 1, February 2000.
- ATPDraw for Windows 3.1x/95/NT User's Manual.
- Keon-Woo Park, Hun-Chul Seo, Chul-Hwan Kim, Chang-Soo Jung, Yeon-Pyo Yoo, Yong-Hoon Lim, "Analysis of the Neutral Current for Two-Step-Type Poles in Distribution Lines", IEEE Transactions on power delivery, Vol. 24, No. 3, July 2009.
- Olivier Tremblay, Louis-A. Dessaint, "Experimental Validation of a Battery Dynamic Model for EV Applications", World Electric Vehicle Journal, Vol. 3, May 2009.
- H. L. Chan, D. Sutanto, "A New Battery Model for use with Battery Energy Storage Systems and Electric Vehicles Power Systems", Power Engineering SoCiety Winter Meeting, 2000.
- C. M. Shepherd, "Design of Primary and Secondary Cells" Journal of The Electrochemical SoCiety, Vol. 112, pp. 657-664, 1965. https://doi.org/10.1149/1.2423659
- Hanlei Zhang and Mo-Yuen Chow, "Comprehensive Dynamic Battery Modeling for PHEV Applications", Power and Energy SoCiety General Meeting, 2010.
- Olivier Tremblay, Louis-A. Dessaint, Abdel-Illah Dekkiche, "A Generic Battery Model for the Dynamic Simulation of Hybrid Electric Vehicles", Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, 2007.
- Min Chen, Gabriel A. Rincon-Mora, "Accurate Electrical Battery Model Capable of Predicting Runtime and I-V Performance", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, June 2006.
- Vipin Prajapati, Herbert Hess, Edward James William II, Vishu Gupta, Mattew Huff, Milos Manic, Freeman Rufus, Ash Thakker, Justin Govar, "A Literature Review of State of Charge Estimation Techniques Applicable to Lithium Poly-Carbon Monoflouride (LI/CFx) Battery", IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics (IICPE), 2010.
- O. Erdinc, B. Vural, M. Uzunoglu, "A dynamic lithium-ion battery model considering the effects of temperature and capacity fading", IEEE International Conference on Clean Electrical Power, June 2009.
- R. Spotnitz, "Simulation of capacity fade in lithiumion batteries", Journal of Power Sources 113(2003) 72-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(02)00490-1
- A123 Systems, "ANR26650M1A Cells Data Sheet".
- John Wang, Ping Liu, Jocelyn Hicks-Garner, Elena Sherman, Souren Soukiazian, Mark Verbrugge, Harshad Tataria, James Musser, Peter Finamore, "Cycle-life model for graphite-LiFePO4 cells", Journal of Power Sources, 196 (2011) 3942-3948. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2010.11.134
- P. Ramadass, Bala Haran, Ralph White, Branko N. Popov, "Mathematical modeling of the capacity fade of Li-ion cells", Journal of Power Sources 123(2003) 230-240. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7753(03)00531-7
- Coordinated Control Algorithm for Distributed Battery Energy Storage Systems for Mitigating Voltage and Frequency Deviations vol.7, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1109/TSG.2015.2429919
- Modeling and Analysis of a Low-Voltage DC Distribution System vol.4, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/resources4030713
- Estimating Lithium-Ion Battery State of Charge and Parameters Using a Continuous-Discrete Extended Kalman Filter vol.10, pp.8, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/en10081075
- Novel performance of ultrathin AlPO4 coated H2Ti12O25 Exceeding Li4Ti5O12 in cylindrical hybrid supercapacitor vol.273, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2014.09.090
- Investigation on Li-ion battery charging polarization characteristics and influence factors vol.22, pp.9, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11581-016-1694-1
- New Reclosing Technique in Distribution System with Battery Energy Storage System vol.30, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2016.30.1.021
- New Configuration and Novel Reclosing Procedure of Distribution System for Utilization of BESS as UPS in Smart Grid vol.9, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.3390/su9040507
- Simulation of electrochemical behavior in Lithium ion battery during discharge process vol.13, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0189757
- Fabrication and electrochemical properties of cylindrical hybrid supercapacitor using H2Ti12O25 as anode material vol.143, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2014.12.069
- Range Extension of Light-Duty Electric Vehicle Improving Efficiency and Power Density of IPMSM Considering Driving Cycle vol.65, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.12.2197
- New adaptive reclosing technique using second-order difference of THD in distribution system with BESS used as uninterruptible power supply vol.90, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2017.02.012
- Novel adaptive reclosing scheme using wavelet transform in distribution system with battery energy storage system vol.97, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2017.11.009
- Optimal Distributed Nonlinear Battery Control vol.5, pp.3, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1109/JESTPE.2016.2645480
- Analysis of peak shaving effect of demand power using Vehicle to Grid system in distribution system vol.7, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/22348972.2017.1324275
- Reclosing scheme using synchronism checking for utilization of BESS in distribution system 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40565-017-0361-5
- A Study on the Voltage Sag During the EVs Charging Considering Domestic Data vol.29, pp.1, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2015.29.1.037
- Development of Reclosing Method in a Distribution System with Distributed Generation and Battery Energy Storage System vol.11, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11061407
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP)