- Volume 19 Issue 12
The paper chooses four trade competitiveness assessment indices to compare the international competitiveness of Computer and Information Service(C&IS) trade between South Korea, China and Japan. The results show that the competitiveness of China is the strongest, Japan secondary and Korea the weakest among the three countries. However, the competitiveness of Korea can be promoted the most quickly and it has exceeded Japan according to TC and NXRCA indices. Meanwhile, there was still a huge gap between the three countries and the two world strong countries-India and Ireland. The main findings of empirical research on influencing factors show that domestic market demand and trade opening degree are the two most important factors influencing the competitiveness of three-country C&IS trade. At the same time, improving the utilization of C&IS and realizing good interaction of C&IS trade and electronic information, communication and other relevant and auxiliary industries can also contribute to the competitiveness improvement.
Computer and Information Service Trade;International Competitiveness;Influence factors
- ung-Bae Mun and M. Ishaq Nadiri, "Information Technology Externalities: Empirical Evidence from 42 U.S. Industries", NBER Working Paper No. 9272, 2002.
- Lesher, M. and Nordas, H.K., "Business services, trade and costs", OECD Trade Policy Working Paper No 46, 2007.
- Markusen, "International productivity and competitiveness"New York : Oxford University Press, 1992.
- AJ Ali, "How to manage for international competitiveness", New York: Haworth Press, 1992.
- Balassa, Bela, "Trade Liberalisation and 'Revealed' Comparative Advantage", Journal of The Manchester School, 1965.
- Balassa, Bela, "Comparative Advantage, Trade Policy and Economic Development", New York: Prentice-Hall, 1989.
- Hejun and Guo lan, "Research on the improving of China's Service Trade Competitiveness: Based on Panel Data Analysis of World Main Countries", Journal of Shanxi Finance and Economics University, 2013.
- Zhang Hui,"An Empirical Study on the Influencing Factors of China's Service Trade Comparativeness Based on the Data of 1982-2011", Journal of International Economics and Trade Research, 2014.
- Carolina Lennon, "Trade in services and trade in goods: differences and complementarities", PSE Working Papers n2008-52, 2008.
- Moses M. Sichei, Chris Harmse, Frans Kanfer, "Determinants of South Africa-US Intra-Industry Trade in Services", University of Pretoria, Department of Economics, Working Papers No 200515, 2005.
- Li, xiaofeng and Qi, meifeng, "An Empirical Research of China's Service Trade International Competitiveness and Influence Factors Based on Panel Data Analysis of World Main Countries", Journal of Academic Research, 2013.
- Han fei, "A Research on International Competitiveness of China's Computer and Information Service Trade", Mater Dissertation Research Paper, Beijing University of Technology, 2009.