- Volume 42 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Case of Integrated tolerance design process by Engineering tolerance design and 6 Sigma Tolerance Design - Spindle Motor For Optical Disc Drive -
공학공차설계와 6시그마 공차설계를 통합한 공차설계 적용 사례 - 광학 디스크 드라이브 스핀들 모터 -
- Kim, Yongtae (LG Innotek Automotive Components & Electronics Business Unit Development Team) ;
- Ree, Sangbok (Dept. of Industrial Managemant System Engineering, Seokyeong University)
- Received : 2014.07.31
- Accepted : 2014.10.15
- Published : 2014.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of this paper is integrated tolerance design process by advantages of engineering design and 6 sigma statistical tolerances design. Methods: Integrated tolerance design process can determine the goals by using engineer's experience and clarify tolerance by 6 Sigma statistical methods. Integrated design process can be applied by using non-linear simulations. Results: We applied integrated design process to the optical disc drive spindle motor and get good result. Conclusion: If this method is applied test method in the early stages of development, then Design can be reduced development time and cost.
Supported by : 서경대학교
- Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea. 2005. Guide of Engineering Accreditation Standards 2005.
- Bender, A., 1962. "Benderizing Tolerances - A Simple Practical Probability Method of Handling Tolerances for Limit Stack Ups." Graphic Science, December 17-18.
- Chase, K. W., and Greenwood, W. H., 1987. "Design Issue in Mechanical Tolerance Analysis." ADCATS Report 87:5-6.
- Dym, C. L., and Littele, P., 2007. Introduction of Engineering Design. Translated by Cho, Mounsu. Seoul:IT Publishing.
- Evans, D. H., 1975. "Statistical Tolerancing." Journal of Quality Technology 7(2):72-76. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224065.1975.11980672
- Gilson, J. A., 1951. New Approach to Engineering Tolerances, London, UK: Machinery Publishing Co. Ltd.
- Harry, M. J., and Stewart, R. 1988, Six Sigma Mechanical Design Tolerancing. Motorola University.
- Human Resource Development Service of Korea. 2012. Teachingskillsin a standard module 2D machining data generation.
- Ree, Sangbok. 2001. "A Comparative analysis of three Signal-to-Noise ratios of dynamic characteristics Parameter design." Journal of Quality Management 29(4):82-91.
- Ree, Sangbok. 2003. Easy Taguchi technique from foundation to the field application, the 3th edition. Sangjosa.
- Ree, Sangbok. 2009. "Method determining level of Noise Factor of Taguchi Method under various probability distribution." Journal of Quality Management 37(4):10-15.
- Ree, Sangbok. 2013. "Study on the Result changes with the Size of the Variance in Taguchi Method and Factor Experimental." Journal of Quality Management 41(1):1-14.