- Volume 41 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Dietary Supplementation of Copper-Sulfate and Copper-Soy Proteinate on the Performance and Small Intestinal Microflora in Laying Hens
Copper-Sulfate와 Copper-Soy Proteinate 첨가가 산란계의 생산성과 장내 미생물 균총에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Chan Ho (Poultry Science Division, Livestock Resource Development, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kang, Hwan Ku (Poultry Science Division, Livestock Resource Development, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Bang, Han Tae (Poultry Science Division, Livestock Resource Development, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Ji Hyuk (Poultry Science Division, Livestock Resource Development, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Hwangbo, Jong (Poultry Science Division, Livestock Resource Development, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Choi, Hee Cheol (Poultry Science Division, Livestock Resource Development, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Paik, In Kee (Department of Animal Science and Technology, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Moon, Hong Kil (Poultry Science Division, Livestock Resource Development, National Institute of Animal Science, RDA)
- 김찬호 (국립축산과학원 가금과) ;
- 강환구 (국립축산과학원 가금과) ;
- 방한태 (국립축산과학원 가금과) ;
- 김지혁 (국립축산과학원 가금과) ;
- 황보종 (국립축산과학원 가금과) ;
- 최희철 (국립축산과학원 가금과) ;
- 백인기 (중앙대학교 동물생명공학과) ;
- 문홍길 (국립축산과학원 가금과)
- Received : 2014.09.22
- Accepted : 2014.11.14
- Published : 2014.12.31
The objective of this experimental was to investigate the effect of dietary Cu-sulfate and Cu-soy proteinate on productive performance and small intestinal microflora. A total 1,000 Hy-Line Brown laying hens (35 weeks old) were randomly allotted to 1 of 5 dietary treatments: Control, Cu-sulfate 50, 100 (50, 100 ppm Cu supplementation as Cu-sulfate) and Cu-SP 50, 100 (50, 100 ppm Cu supplementation as Cu-soy proteinate). Each treatment was replicated 4 times with fifty birds per replication, housed in 2 birds cages. Fifty birds units were arranged according to randomized block design. Feeding trial lasted 5 weeks under 16L : 8D lighting regimen. Hen day egg production was significantly (P<0.05) higher in Cu treated groups than control. Feed intake, broken and shell-less egg production was not significantly influenced by treatment. Eggshell color, eggyolk color, haugh unit, and eggshell thickness were not significantly influenced by treatment. However, eggshell strength was significantly (P<0.05) greater in Cu treated groups than control. Concentration of copper of liver was significantly (P<0.05) greater in Cu treated groups than control. Concentration of zinc and iron of liver were not influenced by treatments. Population of Cl. perfrigens and Lactobacilli in the small intestinal content were significantly (P<0.05) influenced by treatments. Population of Cl. perfrigens decreased and that of Lactobacilli increased in the Cu supplement groups. In conclusion, dietary Cu sulfate and Cu-soy proteinate similarly improves egg production, eggshell strength, and favors intestinal microbial population of laying hens.
Supported by : 국립축산과학원
- AOAC 1990 Official Method of Analysis (15th Ed.) Association of Official Analytical Chemists. Arlington VA.
- Baker DH, Odle J, Funk MA, Wieland TM 1991 Bioavailability of copper in cupric oxide, cuprous, and in a copperlysine complex. Poultry Sci 70:177. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0700177
- Bardley BC, Graber G, Condon RJ, Frabish LJ 1983 Effect of graded levels of dietary copper on copper and iron concentrations in swine tissues. J Anim Sci 56:625.
- Burnell TW, Cromwell GL, Stahly TS 1988 Cited by J. Gohl in Bottom Line of Nutrition Feedstuff. Jun. 13. pp.16-18.
- Chiou PWS, Chen KI, Yu B 1997 Toxicity, tissue accumulation and residue in egg and excreta of copper in laying hens. Anim Feed Sci Technol 67:49-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-8401(96)01139-X
- Cromwell GH, Stahly TS, Mongue HJ 1989 Effect of source and level of copper on performance and liver copper stores in weanling pig. J Anim Sci 67:2996-3002.
- Dove CR, Haydon KD 1991 The effect of copper addition to diet with various iron levels on the performance and hematology of weanling swine. J Anim Sci 69:2013-2019.
- Edmonds JS, Izquiendo OA, Baker DH 1985 Feed additive studies with newly weaned pigs: Efficacy of supplemental copper, antibiotics and organic acids. J Anim Sci 60:42
- Eisen EJ, Bohren BB, MCkean HE 1962 The Haugh unit as a measure of egg albumen quality. Poultry Sci 41:1461-1468. https://doi.org/10.3382/ps.0411461
- Jackson N 1977 The effect of dietary copper sulfate on laying performance, nutrient intake and tissue copper and iron levels of the mature, laying, domestic fowl. Br J Nutr 38: 93-100. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19770065
- Klasing CK 1988 Minerals. pp 234-276 in Comparative Avian Nutrition. CAB International. New York. USA.
- Lim HS, Paik IK 2003 Effect of supplementary mineral methionine chelates (Zn, Cu, Mn) on the performance and eggshell quality of laying hens. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 16:1804-1808. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2003.1804
- Lim HS, Paik IK 2006 Effects of dietary supplementation of copper chelates in the form of methionine, chitosan and yeast in laying hens. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 19:1174-1178. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2006.1174
- NRC 1994 Nutrient Requirements of Poultry. National Research Council. National Academy of Science. Washington, DC.
- Paik IK, Seo SH, UM JS, Chang MB, LEE BH 1999 Effect of supplementary copper-chelate on the performance and cholesterol level in plasma and breast muscle of broiler chickens. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 12:794-798. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.1999.794
- Paik IK 2001 Management of excretion of phospjorus, nitrogen and pharmacological level minerals to reduce environmental pollution from animal production. Asian-Aust J Anim Sci 14:384-394. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2001.384
- Pearce J, Jackson N, Stevenson MH 1983 The effect of dietary intake and of the dietary concentration of copper sulfate on the laying domestic fowl: Effect on some aspects of lipid, carbohydrate and amino acid metabolism. Br Poultry Sci 59:1099.
- Roof MD, Mahan DC 1982 Effect of carbadox and various dietary copper level for weanling swine. J Anim Sci 55: 1109.
- SAS Institute 1996 SAS/STAT User's Guide Release 6.12 ed. SAS Institute Inc. Cary NC, USA.
- Steel RGD, Torrie JH 1980 Principles and Procedure of Statistics. 2nd Ed: McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., NY.
- Underwood EJ 1977 Trace Elements in Human and Animal Nutrition. 5th ed. Academic Press Inc., NewYork.
- Ward TL, Watkins KL, Southern LL, Hoyt PG, French DD 1991 Interactive effects of sodium zeolite-A and copper in growing swine: Growth and bone and tissue mineral concentration. J Anim Sci 69:726.
- Wedekind KJ, Hortin AE, Baker DH 1992 Methodlogy for assessing zinc bioavailability: Efficacy estimates for zincmethionine zinc sulfate, and zinc oxide. J Anim Sci 70: 178-187.
- Zhou W, Kornegay ET, Lindermann MD, Swinkels JWGM, Welton MK, Wong EA 1994 Stimulation of growth by intravenous injection of copper in weanling pigs. J Anim Sci 72:2395-2403.
- 백인기 2000 약리적 수준 사용 광물질의 착염화. 단미보조 사료 산업발전을 위한 심포지움. 한국단미사료협회 pp. 37-60.
- 백인기 김찬호 박광월 2008 사료내 Cu-methionine chelate와 Cu-soy proteinate가 산란계의 생산성, 소장내 미생물 균총 및 면역체계에 미치는 영향. 한국가금학회지 35:303-311. https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2008.35.3.303
- 이한규 2005 Fe-soy proteinate를 이용한 철분강화계육 및 계란생산에 관한 연구. 제 103회 석사학위논문, 중앙대학교.