- Volume 10 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characteristics Analysis for Motor or Generator Operating of Induction Machine with Deep or Double Cage Rotor
심구 또는 이중 농형 회전자를 가진 유도기의 전동 또는 발전 운전시 특성 해석
- Kim, Jong-Gyeum (Department of Electrical Engineering, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- 김종겸 (강릉원주대학교 전기공학과)
- Received : 2014.09.03
- Accepted : 2014.12.18
- Published : 2014.12.25
Both of induction generator and synchronous generator is available in the hydroelectric power plant. If the output of the power station is large, the synchronous generator is mainly used but when its output is low, the induction generator is often used. If the output capacity is small, there is a case in which induction motor is used as a generator. Torque at rated operation and start of the induction motor is different depending on the shape of the rotor. Small and medium-sized squirrel-cage induction motor is used primarily double cage rotor or deep bar. In this study, we attempt to interpret characteristics for double cage rotor or deep bar that occur when operating in the induction generator based on the parameters that have been designed and manufactured as an induction motor.
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Analysis for the Operating Characteristics When the Induction Motor is Used as a Generator", KSNRE, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 5-11, 2014. 6. https://doi.org/10.7849/ksnre.2014.10.2.005
- K. S. Pankaj, J. P. Nelson, Application Guidelines for Induction Generators, in Proc. International Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, May 18-21, 1997, Paper WC1/5.1 - WC1/5.3.
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, Young-Kuk Kim, "A comparison of the operating characteristics of the synchronous generator and induction generator applied to the small hydroelectric power plant", KIEE, Vol. 63P, No. 2, pp. 55-60. 2014. 6. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2014.63.2.055
- Jong-Gyeum Kim, "Efficiency Analysis for Water Turbine Generator of Agricultural Reservoir", KIEE, Vol.62, No.9, pp.1223-1227. 2013. 9. https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2013.62.9.1223
- Jong-Gyeum Kim et al, "Operating characteristic analysis of the induction motor as a generator", Electrical Machinery & Energy Conversion Systems Society Annual Spring Conference, KIEE pp. 165-167, 2012, 4.
- M. Godoy Simoes & Felix A. Farret, Renewable Energy Systems-Design and Analysis with Induction Generators, CRC Press, 2004.
- IEEE Standard Test Procedure for Polyphase Induction Motors and Generator., IEEE Std 112-2004, 2004.
- Paul L. Cochran, Poly Induction Motors-Analysis, Design and Application, Marcel Dekker, 1989.
- John R. Smith & Meng J. Chen, Three-Phase Electrical Machine Systems-Computer Simulation, John Wiley & Sons, 1994.
- Voltage Drop Reduction on Inrush Current during Grid Interconnection of Induction Generators installed in Thermal Power Plants vol.14, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7849/ksnre.2018.3.14.1.041