- Volume 15 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Experimental study of the sound quality performance and improvement of magnetic fluid speaker
자성유체 스피커의 음질 성능 및 향상에 관한 실험적 연구
- Lee, Moo-Yeon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A University)
- 이무연 (동아대학교 기계공학과)
- Received : 2014.07.25
- Accepted : 2014.12.11
- Published : 2014.12.31
The aim of this study was to experimentally investigate the sound quality characteristics, such as sound deflection, sound pressure level and frequency characteristics of a magnetic type speaker in an anechoic chamber to overcome the sound quality and voice-coil temperature problems. To accomplish this, the sound quality performance of the magnetic type speaker was tested according to the magnetic fluid amount and magnetic field intensity. The sound deflection, sound pressure level, and frequency characteristics were measured using the Smarrt program. As a result, at a magnetic fluid amount of 2.4 ml, the sound deflection and the sound pressure level of the magnetic type speaker were enhanced by comparing with those of the general type speaker. The frequency characteristics and the sound pressure level of the magnetic type speaker were enhanced greatly with increasing magnetic field intensity from 8.06 mT to 9.10 mT. In addition, the sound deflection of the magnetic type speaker was 0.01% lower than that of the general type speaker.
Supported by : 동아대학교
- Moo-Yeon Lee, Hyung-Jin Kim and Woo-Young Lee, 2013, "Numerical analysis on temperature characteristics of the voice-coil for woofer speaker using ferrofluid", J. of Kor. Mag. Soc., Vol. 23, No. 5, PP. 166-172. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2013.23.5.166 https://doi.org/10.4283/JKMS.2013.23.5.166
- Sei Jin Oh, Fundamentals of Loudspeaker Engineering, SeokHakDang, 2006, PP. 187-196.
- Hyung-Jin Kim, Dea-Wan Kim and Mpp-Yeon Lee, 2013, "Experimental study on the heat transfer characteristics of woofer speaker unit", J. of KAIS, Vol. 15, No. 5, PP. 2623-2627. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.5.2623
- Jae-Hyeong Seo, Moo-Yeon Lee and Lee-Soo Seo, 2013, "Study of Natural Convection of Magnetic Fluid in Cubic Cavity", Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 37, No. 7, PP. 637-646. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2013.37.7.637
- Soo-Hyun Kim, Dong-Yeon Lee and Moo-Yeon Lee, 2010, "Analysis and suppression plan for structure and flow induced noise in a small refrigeration system", J. of KAIS, Vol. 11, No. 11, PP. 4129-4136. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.11.4129 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.11.4129
- David C. Parker, 2004, "Speaker enclosure design on frequency response", Central Virginia Governor's School. PP. 1-15.
- Jong-Oh Sun and Kwang-Joon Kim, 2012, "Isolation of vibrations due to speakers in audio-visual electronic devices without deteriorating vibration of speaker cone", J. of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 3, PP. 723-730. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12206-011-1227-9 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-011-1227-9