- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Solid Culture Medium Selection Criteria for Hydroponics Farm Households
양액재배 농가의 고형배지 선택 기준에 관한 연구
- 김동석 (동국대학교 서울캠퍼스 바이오환경과학과) ;
- 김대영 (동국대학교 서울캠퍼스 바이오환경과학과) ;
- 황재현 (동국대학교 서울캠퍼스 식품산업관리학과) ;
- 윤화영 (동국대학교 서울캠퍼스 바이오환경과학과)
- Received : 2014.11.10
- Accepted : 2014.11.17
- Published : 2014.12.31
This study aimed to analyze the selection criteria and priority settings for solid culture medium used in hydroponic crop production in farm households. Expert brain storming was carried out to extract solid culture medium selection criteria for hydroponic farming. As a result, 3 criteria of economy (cost), productivity, and environment, and 9 factors were extracted. A questionnaire survey of hydroponic farm households was conducted in Gyeonggi, Gangwon, and Chooncheong provinces. AHP analysis of the hydroponic solid culture medium selection criteria identified productivity as the most important criterion, chosen by 58.7% of the respondents, followed by economy (28.4%) and environment (12.9%). The 9 factors were rated by the respondents in the following decreasing order of importance: 1, crop yield (28.3%); 2, pest occurrence (18.5%); 3, maintenance/management costs (12.0%); 4, convenience of maintenance/management (13.4%); 5, initial investment cost (11.6%); 6, material energy consumption (6.5%); 7, waste recyclability (4.0%); 8, waste disposal costs (3.4%); and 9 environmental emissions (1.81%). These results imply that hydroponic farm households consider cultivation-related quality factors more important than economic factors, such as price of culture medium or installation cost.
Supported by : 농림수산식품부
- An, D. C., Y. D. Chin, J. C. Hwang, J. G. Kim, and B. R. Jeong. 2002. Rose Hydroponic Culture Reusing Waste Rockwool Slabs. Korean J. Horticultural Science & Technology. 20(s I): 109.
- Choi, K. J., K. W. Jang, S. I. Park, I. S. Woo, C. W. Shin, B. J. Choi, S. H. Han, and K. S. Han. 2000. Effect of Different Media on Growth and Yield in Hydroponic Culture of Angelica keiskei Koidzumi. Korean J. Medicinal Crop Science. 8(1): 29-40.
- Hwang, I. T., K. C. Cho, J. H. Lee, S. J. Chung, K. S. Kim, and J. G. Kim. 2003. Effect of Substrate Kind and Depth on Growth and Development of Hydroponically-Grown Chrysanthemum grandiflorum cv. Chungwoon. Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology. 44(1): 107-113.
- Jeong, S. J. and B. S. Han. 2006. Assessment of "Visit Gyeonggi 2005": The Analytic Hierarchy Process. Journal of Tourism Sciences. 30(3): 183-202.
- Jeong, S. W., Y. C. Seok, E. J. Bae, K. Y. Kwon, and M. R. Huh. 2010. Utilization of Coconut Based Substrates for Nutriculture of Cut-chrysanthemum. Journal of Agriculture & Life Sciences. 44(5): 9-13.
- Jo, K. T., S. J. Kim, D. S. Kim, Y. W. Jo, and J. I. Lee. 2003. With Major Fields in Rural Development and Resources: Priority Setting for Future Core Technologies Using the AHP. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning. 9(3): 41-46.
- Jun, H. J., J. G. Hwang, S. Liu, and M. S. Jang. 2011. Characteristics of Inorganic Ion Absorption of Strawberries Cultivated in Closed Hydroponic System with Different Substrates. Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory. 20(1): 33-39.
- Kang, H. M. and I. S. Kim. 2005. Effect of Nutrient Solution Composition Modification on the Internal Quality of Some Leaf Vegetables in Hydroponics. Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory. 14(2): 348-351.
- Kim, B. S., K. C. Pak, H. K. Kim, and S. H. Kim. 1999. Effect of Nutrient Solution Level and Media Species on Growth and Quality in Container Culture Grapevine (Vitis spp.). Korean J. Horticultural Science & Technology. 17(2): 234.
- Kim, G. J., S. W. Ra, I. S. Woo, Y. S. Kang, I. B. Hur, and J. H. Kim. 1997. Effect of Medium Materials on Growth and Yield of Sweet Pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) in Long Term Bag-Culture. Protected Horticulture and Pland Factory. 6(2): 80-85.
- Kim, Y. C. and K. Y. Kim. 2000. The Status, Problems, and Projects of the Nutrient Culture in Korea. Journal of the Research Institute of Greenhouse Horticulture. 13(1): 74-82.
- Kwon, K. J., H. S. Park, J. H. Cho, E. J. Kim, J. W. Yang, and D. Y. Kim. 2013. Characteristics of Hydroponic Solid Medium with Waste Wood Chip. Journal of wood science. 2013: 336-337.
- Lee, C. H. 2000. Group decision making. Busan; Sejong.
- Lee, E. H., J. W. LEE, J. S. Kwon, Y. I. Nam, I. H. Cho, and Y. S. Kwon. 1996. Effect of Substrates on Growth and Yield of Hydroponically Grown Cucumber in Bag Culture. Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory. 5(1): 15-22.
- Lee, H. K., H. H. Kim, U. R. Im, and Y. B. Lee. 2000. Effects of N/K+Ca ratio of Nultrient Solution in Hydroponics on the Growth of Cherry Tomato. Korean J. Horticultural Science & Technology. 18(1): 174.
- Lee, J. G. and B. Y. Lee. 2003. Growth of Water Dropwort (Oenanthe stolonifera) and Changes of Macroelement Concentration as Affected by Nutrient Solution Composition in Closed Hydroponic System. Horticulture, Environment, and Biotechnology. 44(1): 23-27.
- Lim, J. H., J. T. Yoon, I. S. Kim, B. S. Choi, and Y. S. Kwon. 1994. Effect of Rice Hulled Media on Growth and Yield by Nutri-culture in Tomato Seedlings. Horticulture Abstracts. 21(1): 36-37.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. 2001. 2000 Production Yield of Vegetables. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. p. 60.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. 2006. 2005 Production Yield of Vegetables. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry. p. 60.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. 2012. 2011 Production Yield of Vegetables and Greenhouse Status for Vegetable Cultivation. Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. p. 67.
- Nam, S. Y., C. H. So, and K. H. Jo. 2013. All about Hydroponics. Sahmyook University Institute of Natural Sciences. pp. 12-24.
- Park, K. W., J. P. Baek, and J. H. Park. 2001. Development of Growth Subsrates by Recycling Used Substrate in Tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum Mill) Short Term-Culture. Korean J. Horticultural Science & Technology. 19(sII): 39.
- Park, K. W. and Y. S. Kim. 1999. Hydroponics in Horticulture. Seoul: Academic. pp. 1-222.
- Park, M. E., H. R. Choi, J. S. Choi, J. K. Kim, S. J. Seo, H. J. Kang, K. K. Choi, and S. J. Yoon. 2003. Growth Characteristics of Barley Seedlings in Hydroponic Culture Conditioned Artificial Wet Injury. Korean J. Crop Science. 48(3): 160-168.
- Ryoo, J. W. and W. K. Seo. 2009. Effects of Compost Leachate and Concentrated Slurry on the Growth and Yield of Tomato (Lycopersicum esculentum Mill.) in Hydroponic Culture. Korea J. Organic Agriculture. 17(3): 357-370.
- Saaty, T. L. 2003. Decision-making with the AHP: Why is the Principal Eigenvector Necessary. European J. Operational Research. 145(1): 85-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(02)00227-8
- Song, K. W. and Y. Lee. 2013. Re-scaling for Improving the Consistency of the AHP Method. Social Science Research. 29(2): 271-288.
- Zhang, C. H., Y. S. Lim, H. M. Kang, and I. S. Kim. 2010. Effect of Nutrient Solution Concentration on the Growth and Quality of Paprika Grown by Fertigation Using Waste Nutrient Solution. Korean J. Horticultural Science & Technology. 28(1): 46-50.