- Volume 15 Issue 4
A turbo fan engine performance analysis and the optimization using particle swarm optimization(PSO) algorithm have been conducted to investigate the effects of major performance design parameters of an aircraft gas turbine engine. The FJ44-2C turbofan engine, which is widely used in the small business jet, CJ2 has been selected as the basic model. The design parameters consists of the bypass ratio, burner exit temperature, HP compressor ratio, fan inlet mass flow, and nozzle cooling air ratio. The sensitivity analysis of the parameters has been evaluated and the optimization of the parameters has been performed to achieve high net thrust or low specific fuel consumption.
Gas Turbine Engine;Turbo Fan Engine;Particle Swarm Optimization;Net Thrust;Specific Fuel Consumption
- Homaifar, A., Lai, H.Y and McCormick, E., "System optimization of turbofan engines using genetic algorithms", Applied Mathematical Modelling, 1994, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp.72-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/0307-904X(94)90162-7
- Asako, T., Miyagawa, H., Miyata, S. and Kudo, K., "Conceptual design of aircraft engine using multidisciplinary design optimization technique", 23rd Congress of International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, ICAS, 2002, Toronto, Canada.
- Atashkari, K., Nariman-Zadeh, N., Pilechi, A., Jamali, A. and Yao, X., "Thermodynamic Pareto optimization of turbojet engines using multi-objective genetic algorithms", International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Vol. 44, No. 11, 2005, pp. 14-24.
- J. Kennedy, and R. Eberhart, "Particle Swarm Optimization", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, 1995, pp. 1942-1948.
- Jin-Eak, Lee., In-Soo, Chun. and Min-Je, Tak., "Midium range flight vehicle optimization of trace using particle swarm optimization", Korea Aerospace Committee, spring conference, 2005, pp. 105-108,
- Seyed Ehsan Shakib, Majid Amidpour, and Cyrus Aghanajafi, "Simulation and optimization of multi effect desalination coupled to a gas turbine plant with HRSG consideration", Desalination, 2012, pp. 366-376
- M. Sadeghierad, A. Darabi, H. Lesani, and H. Monsef, "Optimal design of the generator of microturbine using genetic algorithm and PSO", Electrical Power and Energy Systems, 2010, PP. 804-808
- Weiping Zhang, Peifeng Niu, Guoqiang Li, and Pengfei Li, "Forecasting of turbine heat rate with online least squares support vector machine based on gravitational search algorithm", Knowledge-Based Systems, 2013, pp. 34-44
- Jack D. Mattingley, Elements of Gas Turbine Propulsion, McGraw-Hill, 2005
- K. H. Liew, E. Urip, and S. L. Yang, "Parametric Cycle Analysis of a Turbofan Engine with an Interstage Turbine Burner", Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 21, No. 3, May-June 2005, pp.546-551. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.2546
- Won, Choi., Jae-Ho, Yoo., In-Myun, Chung. And Il-Woo, Lee., "A study of gas turbine performance model for aircraft conceptual design", Korea Aerospace Committee, spring conference, 2010.
- Won, Choi., Il-Woo, Lee. and Jun-Ho, Yang., "A study of supersonic aircraft low-bypass turbofan engine performance modeling", Korea Aerospace Committee, Vol. 39, No. 3, 2011, pp. 269-278
- Czitrom, Veronica, "One-Factor-at-a-Time versus Designed Experiments", Academic journal article from The American Statistician, Vol. 53, No. 2, 1999, pp. 126-131.
Supported by : Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy