- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on the Effects of College Students' Interpersonal Relations Disposition on Appearance Concern and Appearance Management Behavior
대학생의 대인관계성향이 외모관심도와 외모관리행동에 미치는 영향 연구
- Received : 2014.10.15
- Accepted : 2014.12.25
- Published : 2014.12.31
This study examines the effect of college students' interpersonal relations disposition on appearance concern and appearance management behavior. Questionnaires were administered to 202 college students living in Daegu. The SPSS 20.0 package was utilized for data analysis which included frequency analysis, Cronbach's
interpersonal relations disposition;appearance concern;appearance management behavior
- Ahn, B. H. (1985). Validation study for scales relating to interpersonal relations adequacy and interpersonal relations disposition. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Ahn, B. H. (2010). Interpersonal relations. Seoul: Taeyoung.
- Cox, C. L., & Glick, W. H. (1986). Resume evaluations and cosmetics use: when more is not better. Sex Role, 14, 51-58. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00287847
- Gim, W. S., & Kim, J. S. (2007). Body-related values and body-esteem in east Asian women: A cross-national study focusing on Korean, Chinese, and Japanese college students. Journal of the Korean Psychological Association, 13(4), 113-134.
- Gim, W. S., Kwon, J, H., & Ryu, Y. J. (2010). Social instrumentality of appearance: Sacle development and validation. The Korean Journal of Health psychology, 15(3), 549-568.
- Gong, S. E. (2005). Study on correlations between body image and characteristics of personal relationship to children and adolescent. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Heider, F. (1964). The psychology of interpersonal relation. NY: John Wiley & Sons.
- Joe, G. D., & Jang, S. H. (2012). Personal relations and communications. Seoul: Dongmunsa.
- Joe, S. M. (2000). Effects of sociocultural attitude toward appearance and body images on clothing benefits sought. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kim, G. S. (2004). Amos analysis structural equation modeling. Seoul: Data Solution.
- Kang, H. J. (2009). The relationship between interpersonal relation disposition and college life adjustment. Unpublished master's thesis, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul.
- Kim, S. G., & Park, J. S. (1990). A study on the relationship between self-esteem and clothing behavior - For adult males and females. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 14(4), 305-313.
- Kim, S. H. (2005). The relationships among appearance satisfaction, interpersonal relations, self-assertion, and academic achievement of high school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon.
- Kim, S. J. (2008). Interest in appearance, skin care and dietary behavior of male and female college students: The mediating effect of knowledge. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Kwon, B. Y. (2000). (A) study on relations of first year college student's type of interpersonal relationship problems and their perceived parent-child communication style and child rearing style. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Kwon, S. H. (2004). (SAS, SPSS)Analysis of survey. Paju: Jayou academy.
- Lee, B. I. (2000). The analysis of job, self-efficacy, sex role identities, social contact according to university student's major and job choice. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Lee, D. I. (2006). A study on the effects of a school marathon on the participants' physical self-efficacy. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongguk University, Seoul.
- Lee, E. S. (2007). The effects of the appearance satisfaction and the sex difference on self-efficacy, school-related adjustment and achievement motivation for the elementary school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Lee, G. H. (2011). The analysis of effects of university students' depression and self-efficiency on the trends of personal relationship : Verification of parametric effects of appearance satisfaction. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Hanseo University, Seosan.
- Lee, H. O. (2008). A structural study on the interpersonal appearance factors influencing on cosmeceuticals usage intension. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungbuk National University, Daegu.
- Lee, H. O. (2013). Appearance-related consumption behavior according to interpersonal relations and masculinity - Mediated effect of appearance concern-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(5), 777-786. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.5.777 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.5.777
- Lee, J. H. (2004b). Study on the appearance management behaviors in university man : As related to sex role identity. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul. Seoul.
- Lee, M. H., & Lee, E. S. (1997). A study on appearance interest and self - confidence of elderly women associated with demographic variables. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 21(6), 1072- 1081.
- Lee, O. H. (1985). Research on old women's preferences of dresses and actuality of clothes. Unpublished master's thesis, Wonkwang University, Icksan.
- Lee, S. J. (2004a). Study on relationship among interpersonal anxiety, self-efficacy and body image of female students in college. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul Womens University, Seoul.
- Noh, S. O. (2011). (A) study on hairstyle behavior and make-up motivation associated with interpersonal relation and life satisfaction : Focusing on women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sungshin Women's University, Seoul.
- Park, D. H. (2003). Effects of a self-growth program on the personal relations tendencies and adaptation to school life of elementary school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Andong National University, Andong.
- Park, J. H., & Suh, E. G. (2005). Lay beliefs of selfhood and personal theories of happiness. Journal of the Korean Psychological Association, 19(4), 19-31.
- Shilling, D. (1993). The psychology for Moral Behavior. Middlesex England: Penguin Book
- Sung, Y. S., Park, E. A., Lee, J. W., & Kim, W. S. (2009). Psychological power of Beauty: focused on gender difference and life-domain difference. Journal of the Korean Psychology, 10(3), 461-488.
- Differences of Appearance Management Behaviors among Clothing Consumption Value vol.18, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2016.18.5.606
- Study on the relationship of Interpersonal Relations Disposition, Appearance Concern, Appearance Management Behavior of Men vol.65, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2015.65.7.118
- Study on the Relationship of Appearance Instrumentality, Appearance concern and Appearance management behavior of Women vol.68, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2018.68.1.001
- Study on the Appearance-oriented, Appearance-Related Consumption Behavior according to sub-variables of Appearance Instrumentality vol.20, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.4.400