- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Actual Condition Survey for Thermal Functionality Improvement of Female Student's Winter Uniforms
여고생 동복의 보온기능성 개선을 위한 실태조사
Kim, Yu Mi;Lee, Jeong Ran
- Received : 2014.09.05
- Accepted : 2014.10.30
- Published : 2014.12.31
This study surveyed high school girls in the Busan, Ulsan, and Gyeongnam areas to study how they wear school uniforms along with their satisfaction levels and demands in regards to functional school uniforms. This study presents data on the requirements for the development of winter school uniforms for high school girls with improved warmth functions. The findings are: First, high school girls purchased school uniforms of different brands and the purchase rates for three brands were 25% to 30% approximately. Most of them spent more than 300,000 KRW and less than 400,000 KRW on school uniforms purchases. Second, the greatest complaints by students about winter school uniforms were the ability to conduct routine activities and poor thermal insulation. The most popular bottom underwear for girls was underpants and leggings. The most popular top underwear was half-sleeved round neck t-shirts and running shirts. Third, a survey about uniform functionality showed that most students used and 'arm pit sweat absorbing pad', 'Waist size adjusting function, and 'inside pockets with zippers'. Satisfaction with functional uniforms was low: less than 3.5 in all questions. Fourth, students were favorable to develop functional uniforms to keep warm in the winter. The bottom needs to be warmer than the top and it is necessary to keep legs warm, especially the thighs and calves.
female student;winter uniform;school uniform pants;thermal functionality
- Choi, H. J., & Do, W. H. (2012a). A study on the school uniform pants sizing system depending on lower body type for highschool girls. Journal of the Korean Fashion & Textile Research, 14(5), 834-845. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.5.834 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.5.834
- Choi, E. H., & Do, W. H. (2012b). A study on sizing system and wearing conditions with school uniform pants for highschool girls. Journal of the Korean Fashion & Textile Research, 14(2), 286-293. doi:10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.2.286 https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2012.14.2.286
- Chol, H. J. (2012). A study on actual wearing conditions and preferred designs of school uniforms for high school girls. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 62(4), 207-217. doi:10.7233/jksc.2012.62.4.207 https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2012.62.4.207
- 'Comparative analysis of school uniform brand coming new semester'. (2014, February 10). Naeil Newspaper. Retrieved June 9, 2014, from http://blog.naver.com/naeilbear/80207110020
- Hwang, E. Y. (1994). A study on the female's uniform. Statistics Consultation, 9(1), 27-37.
- Hwang, Y. M. (2010). The development of smart foundation garment with an embedded carbon weaving heater. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Pusan National University, Busan.
- Kim, Y. M. (2010). The actual condition of wearing school uniform male high school students -Focusing on Pusan and Ulsan-. Unpublished master's thesis, Pusan National University, Busan.
- Kim, Y. M., & Lee, J. R. (2013). Actual condition survey for thermokeeping of winter school uniforms. Journal of Fashion Business, 17(2), 82-94. doi:10.12940/jfb.2013.17.2.6 https://doi.org/10.12940/jfb.2013.17.2.82
- Kim, S. S., & Shin, H. W. (2010). The perception of girls' middle & high school student in Secoul on the usage of trousers as school uniform. Journal of Korean Home Economics Education Association, 22(1), 137-148.
- Lee, K. Y. (2011). A study on a development of the school uniform satisfaction by diverse school uniform items. Proceeding of the Korean Association of human Ecology, Summer Conference, Korea, pp. 97-98.
- Lim, J. H. (2004). High school girls' satisfaction level design preference of school uniforms. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Ministry of gender equality and family-Educational policy institution. (2004, July 5). Newsrelease of wearing conditions with school uniform skirt. Retrieved March 26, 2011, from http://www.mogef.go.ke/index.jsp
- Min, K. H., & Ryu, D. H. (2003). A study on wearing sensations of girls' high school uniforms raised on elasticity (1) -Focusing on mechanical properties and insulation-. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 27(5), 545-553.
- Yang, E. J., & Jeong, S. J. (2013). A study on the uniform preference and demands for uniform improvement of the girls' high school. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, 19(3), 425-435.
- Yu, H. K. (2007). A study on changes of uniform designs for high school girls. Unpublished master's thesis, Mokpo National University, Mokpo.