- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Actual Conditions of Functional Clothing development for the Elderly - Based on Patent Analysis of Functional Products -
실버세대를 위한 기능성의류 개발실태 - 기능성제품 특허분석을 중심으로 -
Jung, Hee-Kyeong;Lee, Jeong-Ran
- Received : 2014.09.17
- Accepted : 2014.10.30
- Published : 2014.12.31
This study investigates the developmental conditions of functional clothes for the elderly. First, preceding studies and relevant web sites were analyzed along with a survey of commercial functional elderly clothes in Korea. A KIPRIS patent information database was used to study registered and disclosed patents and utility models in order to analyze patent application trends in relevant fields. Patents were searched by year of application from 1990 to 2013. Keywords used for searching included 'senior, aged, and elderly'. Among collected data, overlapping and irrelevant data were excluded to select 162 cases for analysis. Details of analysis are annual patent application trends of functional elderly clothes, topic analysis, shape and characteristics. An examination of commercially available functional clothing products for the elderly indicated that most of products were developed in the form of inner wear or protective clothing for seniors who have bodily discomfort. An annual patent application of functional elderly clothes showed slight fluctuations; however, there was an overall increase. For patent topics, technologies related to secretion and excretion were the most at 47 cases total (29%), followed by 23 cases (14%) on biometric information technology. However, the development of relevant technologies seems necessary in the future as therapeutic function and fiber technologies gradually stagnate.
silver generation;functional clothing;patent information;patent trend
- Cha, J. Y. (2008). Study on the silver generation's physical characteristics-considered underwear design - Centering on the introduction of universal design concept-. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Chang, A. H. (2006). Clothing design preference of silver generation women - Focus on age 60 and more-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 8(5), 496-504.
- Chung, S. H., & Kim, S. A. (2006). A research on the actual condition of silver apparel brands. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 56(4), 15-32.
- Eonecare. (n. d.). 'Patient attire'. Retrieved December 26, 2013, from http://www.eonecare.co.kr.
- Jeon, C. H. (2009, May 7). 'Senior marketing'. Imaeil.com. Retrieved September 12, 2013, from http://www.imaeil.com
- Kim, B. J., Cho, O. S., & Park, H. W. (2007). Design development of the recuperation clothing using polygonum indigo and traditional design for new silver generation. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(9/10), 1408-1417. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.9_10.1408
- Kim, S. A., & Choi, H. A. (2010). Development of dress forms for the aged women based on their body shapes applying 3D body scan data. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(1), 80-92.
- Kneeflex. (n. d.). 'Medical Shoes'. Retrieved December 26, 2013, from http://www.kneeflex.co.kr.
- Kwen, J. (2012). A study on preference of silver fashion for clothing development for elderly. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture, 18(4), 19-30.
- Lee, J. J., & Suh, M. A. (2010). Slacks purchase realities and wearing satisfaction focused on old-aged women. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(3), 541-549.
- Lim, H. J., & Lee, K. H. (2011). A study on the characteristics of clothing and configuration of item in foreign adaptive-Clothing for the disabled seniors. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 13(1), 17-24. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.1.017
- Na, H. S., Byun, J. Y., Mun, J. H., & Cho, Y. J. (2009). Development of vest design with Korean image for the elderly. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 59(7), 77-85.
- Oh, S. J. (2009, September 25). 'Silver industry's now and future'. Naeil.com. Retrieved September 12, 2013, from http://www.naeil.com
- Park, J. H., & Lee, J. R. (2014). Study on the preference survey for developing the fall impact protective clothing -Targeting women ages of 50s to 70s-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(1), 101-110. doi:10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.101 https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.1.101
- Park, M. J., Kim, J. M., & Park, J. O. (2010). Wearing behavior of the active silver generation to functional textiles related with gender and age. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 18(6), 1063-1075.
- SBW. (n. d.). 'Thermal underwear made by oriental medicine'. Retrieved December 26, 2013, from http://www.sbw.co.kr.
- Statistics Korea. (2010). '2010 Elderly people statistics'. Retrieved September 12, 2013, from http://kostat.go.kr
- Yuhan-kimberly. (n. d.). 'Panties for incontinence'. Retrieved December 26, 2013, from http://www.yuhan-kimberly.co.kr.
- Research on Heart Rate Sensing Clothing Design for Seniors Based on Universal Fashion vol.19, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2017.19.6.692
Supported by : 한국연구재단