- Volume 63 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Penetration of the Electric Vehicles on the Electric Power Grid in the Jeju Island
제주도에서 전기자동차 보급이 전력계통에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2013.05.27
- Accepted : 2013.12.13
- Published : 2014.01.01
The Jeju Special Self-Government Provincial Government has made the plan penetrating gradually electric vehicles(EVs) in the Jeju Special Self-Government Province(Jejudo). However the effects of EVs penetration on the electrical grid of the Jejudo is not reported. In this paper the yearly electric energy consumed by the EVs was calculated and the effects of the EV penetration on the peak power of the grid were analyzed in the Jejudo for the future 10 years, and we hope that our study results will help the governors realize the EVs penetration plan in the Jejudo. The calculation results show that the rate of the electric energy used by the EVs will become to 2.9% at its maximum at the 2017 year when the penetration rate of EVs in passenger cars becomes 10%, and the rate of the electric energy consumed by the EVs will become to 9.4% at its maximum at the 2020 year when the penetration rate of EVs in passenger cars becomes 30%. The concepts of smart-charging capacity and 100%-valley-filling charging capacity of the grid were defined and calculated for the Jeju Grid, and the grid was analyzed to have the sufficient EV charging capacity until the 2022 year.
EV(electrical vehicle);Estimation of electrical energy;Fuel economy;Penetration of EVs;Smart-charging capacity
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standard, Glossary Of Terms Relating To Kinds Of Automobiles - Part 1 : Kinds Of Automobiles (KS R0011:2012), 2012.
- David Steen, Impact on the Distribution System due to Plug-In Electric Vehicles and Changes in Electricity Usage. THE DEGREE THESIS, Division of Electric Power Engineering, Department of Energy and Environment, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 2012.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Fuel Economy Datafiles, 2011-2013.
- S. W. Hadley, Impact of plug-in hybrid vehicles on the electric grid. Technical Report ORNL/ TM-2006/554 Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN, 2006.
- K. Clement, E. Haesen, J. Driesen, "The impact of charging plug-in hybrid electric vehicles on the distribution grid", Proceedings 2008-4th IEEE BeNeLux young researchers symposium in electrical power engineering, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, pp. 1-6, 2008.
- M. Kintner-Meyer, K. Schneider, and R. Pratt, "Impacts Assessment of Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles on Electric Utilities and Regional US Power Grids", Part 1: Technical Analysis, Electric Utilities Environmental Conference, pp. 1-23, 2007.
- Zahra Darabi and Mehdi Ferdowsi, "Aggregated Impact of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles on Electricity Demand Profile", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON SUSTAINABLE ENERGY, VOL. 2, NO. 4, pp. 501-507, OCTOBER 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSTE.2011.2158123
- Robert C. Green II, Lingfeng Wang, Mansoor Alam, "The impact of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles on distribution networks: A review and outlook", Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15, pp. 544-553, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2010.08.015
- Sang-Keun Moon, Hyung-geun Kwag and Jin-O Kim, "Evaluation of the Charging effects of Plug-in Electrical Vehicles on Power Systems, taking Into account Optimal Charging Scenarios", Trans. KIEE, vol. 61, No. 6, pp783-790, 2012 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.6.783
- Chul-woo Kim, Seung-Ho Han, Taek-Ho Song and Moon-Gyu Jeong, "Influence Evaluation of Electric Vehicle Load on Distribution Systems by the penetration rate of Electric Vehicle", Proceeding of the 42th the KIEE Summer Conference 2011, pp256-257, 2011
- Mi-Yeon Hwang, Jung-Mu Yoon and Jun-Min Cha, "A Study for Forecasting of Power Consumption due to Increase of Electric Vehicle", Proceeding of the 42th the KIEE Summer Conference 2011, pp. 23-24, 2011.
- Korea Energy Economics Institute, Analysis on Effects of EV Penetration on Electric Power Supply and Demand, General Research Report 12-01, 2012.
- Korea Power Exchange(KPX), Effects of EV Penetration on Electric Power Supply and Demand and Their Implications, KPX Report, 2009.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Model 2013 Fuel Economy Guide: Fuel Economy Leaders, p. 5, 2013.
- The Jeju Special Self-Government Provincial Government, 2012 Jeju Statistical Yearbook, 2012.
- The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, The Statistics of Automobile Enrollment, 2012.
- Korea Transportation Safety Authority(KTSA), The Study on Status Analysis of 2010 Year Driving Distance, KTSA Politics Study 2011-05, 2011.
- The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, The 6th Master Plan on Electric Power Supply and Demand, 2013.
- A EURELECTRIC Position Paper, "European Electricity Industry Views on Charging Electric VEHICLES", 2011
Supported by : 제주대학교