- Volume 14 Issue 1
There have been many researches for XML as the international standard to store and exchange data on the internet. Among these research fields, we focus on the techniques labeling the nodes of the XML tree that is required for querying the structural information. A labeling scheme assigns the unique label to the nodes and supports the queries for the structural information such as Ancestor-Descendant and Parent-Child relationships. In this paper, we propose a labeling scheme using vector representation where the assigned labels are not altered although XML documents are changed dynamically. Our labeling scheme reduces the storage requirement for the labels of the XML tree and provides the efficient query by using the fixed-length labels with a short size. Result of performance evaluation shows that our labeling scheme is superior to the previous approaches.
XML;Structural Information;Labeling;Dynamic Updates
Supported by : 경성대학교
- H. Kang, J. S. Yoo, and B. Y. Lee, "XML Repository System Using DBMS and IRS," Int'l J. of Contents, Vol.3, No.3, pp.6-14, 2007. https://doi.org/10.5392/IJoC.2007.3.3.006
- I. Tatarinov, S. Viglas, K. S. Beyer, J. Shanmugasundaram, E. J. Shekita, and C. Zhang, "Storing and Querying Ordered XML Using a Relational Database System," Proc. ACM SIGMOD Int'l Conf. Management of Data, pp.204-215, 2002.
- S. Subramaniam, S. Haw, and P. K. Hoong, "s-XML : An Efficient Mapping Scheme for Storing XML Data in a Relational Database," Proc. 3rd Int'l Conf. on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering(ICACTE), pp.149-153, 2010.
- L. Xu, T. W. Ling, and H. Wu, "Labeling Dynamic XML Documents: An Order-Centric Approach," IEEE Trasns. on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.24, No.1, pp.100-113, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2010.221
- X. Wu, M. L. Lee, and W. Hsu, "A Prime Number Labeling Scheme for Dynamic Ordered XML Trees," Proc. 20th Int'l Conf. Data Eng.(ICDE), pp.66-78, 2004.
- M. Duong and Y. Zhang, "LSDX: A New Labeling Scheme for Dynamically Updating XML Data," Proc. 16th Australasian Database Conf., Vol.39, pp.185-193, 2005.
- P. O'Neil and E. O'Neil, "ORDPATHs : Insert-Friendly XML Node Labels," Proc. ACM SIGMOD Int'l Conf. Management of Data, pp.903-908, 2004.
- A. A. Khaing and N. L. Thein, "A Persistent Labeling Scheme for Dynamic Ordered XML Trees," Proc. Int't Conf on Web Intelligence, pp.498-501, 2006.
- L. Xu, Z. Bao, and T. W. Ling, "A Dynamic Labeling Scheme Using Vectors," Proc. 18th Int'l Conf. Database and Expert Systems Applications(DEXA), pp.130-140, 2007.
- http://www.cs.wash ington.edu/research/xmldatasets.