- Volume 14 Issue 1
A new relation between technological changes and arts is begins to create by the modernization of the West. Because the arts in the past that were enjoyed by specific individuals and small number of people are now massively produced via technological development, public acceptance of such arts is now possible. In this study, movement between each frame, which can be the core in animation, is investigated. We can see that the animation's cinematic movement cannot be identified with motions reproduced in live action films, let alone the motions in real world, no matter how the reproduced motions in animation are faithfully made. In the end, while crating the detailed expressions of movement of animation, along with cinema factors, and the continuity of such expressions, we can gradually exert the power of animation art form with enlivened reality that only animation has.
Animation;Cinema;Modernization of the West;Movement;Visuality;Frame
- Walter Benjamin, 반성완 편역, "기술 복제 시대의 예술작품", 발터 벤야민의 문예이론, 민음사, pp.194-231, 2000.
- G. Bendazzi, Cartoon : 100 Year of Cartoon Animation, John Libbey, p.xxii, 1994.
- Maureen Furniss, Art in Motion: Animation Aesthetics, Indiana University Press, p.76, 1998.
- Scott McCloud, 김낙호 역, 만화의 이해, 시공사, pp.15-17, 2002.
- Charles Solomon, Art of the Animated Image: An Anthology, The American Film Institute, p.10, 1987.
- Keith Broadfoot and Rex Butler, The Illusion of Illusion : Essays on Animation, Power Institute of Fine Arts, p.267, 1991.
- Keith Broadfoot and Rex Butler, The Illusion of Illusion : Essays on Animation, Power Institute of Fine Arts, pp.270-271, 1991.
- Robert Russet and Cecile Starr, Experimental Animation: Origins a New Art, New York: Da Capo, p.125, 1988.
- Charles Solomon, Art of the Animated Image: An Anthology, The American Film Institute, p.1, 1987.
- 김준양, 애니메이션, 이미지의 연금술, 한나래, p.26, 2001.
- Gilles Deleuze, Cinema 1, The Movement-Image, Trans. Hugh Tomlinson and Barbara Habberjam. University of Minnesota Press, p.5, 1986.
- Gilles Deleuze, Cinema 2, The Time- Image, Trans. Hugh Tomlinson and Robert Galeta. University of Minnesota Press, pp.44-45, 1989.
- Suzanne Heme de Lacotte, 이지영 역, 들뢰즈: 철학과 영화, 열화당, p.72, 2004.
- Lev Manovich, The Language of New Media, The MIT Press, p.298, 2002.