- Volume 14 Issue 1
Most of experimental films have different visual techniques and aesthetic values compared to those of narrative films. This difference makes it difficult to understand experimental films. In order to understand in what ways the experimental film has broken with the convention of narrative film, it is important to examine certain structure of experimental film. The important aspect of many experimental films is the way that they have altered the nature of narrative by changing the way that we perceive the succession of image. In particular, The tradition of American Sturcture film has been the contribution of the experimental film to expand the limits of this rule system and evolve a more personal and organic approach to the continuum of film. This approach has been a method of understanding experimental films and still a useful aesthetic tools both reading personal films and making innovative works.
Experimental Film;Process;Structure;Succession of Image;Structure Film
Supported by : 서경대학교
- J. H. Mattews, Surrealism and Film, Ann Arbor, University of Michigan Press, p.11, 1971.
- Wanda Bershen, "Zoma Lemma," Art Form, p.41, 1971(9).
- 서원태, 한국 실험영화의 제도화 과정 연구, 한양대학교, pp.5-6, 2013.
- 마이클 오프레이 지음, 아방가르드 영화, 커뮤니케이션북스, pp.1-11, 2010.
- A. L. 리스 지음, 실험영화와 비디오의 역사, 커뮤니케이션북스, p.2, 2013.
- Ann Michelson, "Introduction," in Form and Structure in Recent Film, ed, Dennis Wheeler, Vancouver, Vancouver Art Gallery and Talonbooks, p.4, 1972.
- Hollis Frampton, "A Pentagram of Conjuring the Narrative," in Form and Structure, ed Wheeler, p.25.
- Stephen Dwoskin, Film is : The International Free Cinema, Woodstock, N.Y., The Overlook Press, p.168, 1975.
- Peter Wollen, Signs and Meaning in the Cinema, Unversity of Indiana Press, p.173, 1972.
- A. L. 리스 지음, 실험영화와 비디오의 역사, 커뮤니케이션북스, p.164, 2013.
- Paul Sharits, "Piece Mandala/End War," in Form and Structure, ed. Wheeler, p.42.
- 장민용, "영화를 통한 기억하기의 작업- 수 프리드리히의 세 편의 영화를 중심으로-", 영화연구, 제40호, p.162, 2009.
- Jeffrey Skoller, "Sublime Intensity : An Interview with Ernie Gehr," Releade Print, p.19, 1997.