- Volume 38 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Hybrid control of a tricycle wheeled AGV for path following using advanced fuzzy-PID
- Bui, Thanh-Luan (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Doan, Phuc-Thinh (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Van, Duong-Tu (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Hak-Kyeong (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Sang-Bong (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2014.10.27
- Accepted : 2014.12.30
- Published : 2014.12.31
This paper is about control of Automated Guided Vehicle for path following using fuzzy logic controller. The Automated Guided Vehicle is a tricycle wheeled mobile robot with three wheels, two fixed passive wheels and one steering driving wheel. First, kinematic and dynamic modeling for Automated Guided Vehicle is presented. Second, a controller that integrates two control loops, kinematic control loop and dynamic control loop, is designed for Automated Guided Vehicle to follow an unknown path. The kinematic control loop based on Fuzzy logic framework and the dynamic control loop based on two PID controllers are proposed. Simulation and experimental results are presented to show the effectiveness of the proposed controllers.
Supported by : Pukyong National University
- V. T. Dinh, P. T. Doan, G. Hoang, H. K. Kim, S. J. Oh, and S. B. Kim, "Motion control of an omnidirectional mobile platform for path following using backstepping technique," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 1-8, 2011.
- N. Hung, V. T. Dinh, J. S. Im, H. K. Kim, and S. B. Kim, "Motion control of an omnidirectional mobile platform for trajectory tracking using an integral sliding mode controller," International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1221-1231, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12555-010-0607-8
- T. L. Bui, P. T. Doan, H. K. Kim, V. G. Nguyen, and S. B. Kim, "Adaptive motion controller design for an omnidirectional AGV based on laser sensor," Journal of AETA 2013: Recent Advances in Electrical Engineering and Related Sciences, vol. 282, pp. 509-523, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-41968-3_51
- M. Eghtesad and D. S. Necsulescu, "Experimental study of the dynamic based feedback linearization of an autonomous wheeled ground vehicle," Journal of Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 47, pp. 47-63, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2004.02.003
- E. Aguirre and A. Gonzalez, "Fuzzy behaviors for mobile robot navigation : design, coordination and fusion," International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 25, pp. 255-289, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0888-613X(00)00056-6
- H. Maaref and C. Barret, "Sensor-based fuzzy navigation of an autonomous mobile robot in an indoor environment," Journal of Control Engineering Practice, vol. 8, pp. 757-768, July 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0967-0661(99)00200-2
- I. Baturone, F. Moreno-Velo, S. Sanchez-Solano, and A. Ollero, "Automatic design of fuzzy controllers for car-like autonomous robots," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 447-465, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2004.832532
- H. Li and S. J. Chang, "Autonomous fuzzy parking control of a car-like mobile robots," IEEE Transaction on System, Man, Cybernetics-Part A, Systems and Humans, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 451-465, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMCA.2003.811766
- T. H. Li, S. J. Chang, and Y. X. Chen, "Implementation of human like driving skills by autonomous fuzzy behavior control on an FPGA based car-Like mobile robot," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 50, pp. 867-880, 2003
- O. Sanchez, A. Ollero, and G. Heredia, "Adaptive fuzzy control for automatic path tracking of outdoor mobile robots. Application to Romeo 3r," Proceedings of the 6th International Conference Fuzzy Systems, Barcelona, pp. 593-599, 1997.
- R. Precup, S. Preitl, and Z. Preitl, "Fuzzy control solution for a class of tricycle mobile robots," Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics, pp. 203-208, 2006.
- G. Antonelli, S. Chiaverini, and G. Fusco, "A fuzzy-logic-based approach for mobile robot path tracking," IEEE Transaction on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 211-221, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TFUZZ.2006.879998
- C. Juang and C. Hsu, "Reinforcement ant optimized fuzzy controller for mobile-robot wall-following control," IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, vol. 56, no. 10, pp. 3931-3940, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2017557
- N. Liu, "Intelligent path following method for nonholonomic robot using fuzzy control," 2009 Second International Conference on Intelligent Networks and Intelligent Systems, pp. 282-285, 2009.
- C. Juang and Y. Chang, "Evolutionary - group -based particle -swam - optimized fuzzy controller with application to mobile-robot navigation in unknown environments," IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy System, vol. 19, No. 2, 2011.
- I. Baturone, F. J. Moreno-Velo, V. Blanco, and J. Ferruz, "Design of embedded DSP-based fuzzy controllers for autonomous mobile robots," IEEE Transaction on Industrial Electronics, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 928-936, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2007.896547
- Y. H. Lee, G. G. Jin, and M.O. So, "Level control of single water tank systems using Fuzzy-PID technique," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, vol. 38. no. 5, pp. 550-556, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2014.38.5.550
- G. Campion, G. Bastin, and B. D. Andrea-Novel, "Structural properties and classification of kinematic and dynamic models of wheeled mobile robots," IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 47-62, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/70.481750
- L. Gracia and J. Tornero, "Kinematic control of wheeled mobile robots," Latin American Applied Research, vol. 38, pp. 7-16, 2008.
- A. Kamga and A. Rachid, "Speed, steering angle and path tracking controls for a tricycle robot," Proceedings of the 1996 IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Aided Control System Design, Dearborn, MI, pp. 56-61, 1996.