- Volume 13 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Advanced Dynamic Cone Penetration Test Apparatus and Its Application Performance Evaluation
개량식 동적 콘 관입시험기의 개발 및 적용성 평가
- Kim, Uk-Gie (Geotechnical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil engineering and building Technology) ;
- Zhuang, Li (Geotechnical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil engineering and building Technology) ;
- Lee, Kwang-Wu (Geotechnical Engineering Research Division, Korea Institute of Civil engineering and building Technology)
- Received : 2014.11.03
- Accepted : 2014.12.23
- Published : 2014.12.30
For quick and accurate ground investigation in wide construction site being not easy to access, advanced dynamic cone penetration test equipment was developed based on widely used equipment abroad. Advantages of existing equipment of portability and simple testing method were reflected in the new developed equipment. Meanwhile, by extending connection of lower rod, penetration depth is raised to 6m from 1 m of the existing equipment. Moreover, by assembly of hammer (2+3+3kg) and cone (3 types) etc., it is possible to perform test under the same conditions with those by German and Japan dynamic cone penetration test equipment (Tsukuba, PWRI and SH types). Auxiliary equipment was applied to make sure of perpendicularity as penetration depth increases. Applicability of the new developed equipment was evaluated through tests on various fields and its reliability was verified.
Supported by : Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
- Ajayi, L. A. and Balogun, L. A. (1988), "Penetration testing in tropical lateritic and residual soils-Nigerian experience", Proc. of the International Symposium on Penetration Testing, ISOPT-1, Orlando, 2, pp. 315-28.
- Chang, M. F. (1988), "In Situ testing of residual soils in Singapore", Proc. of the 2nd International Conference on Geomechanics in Tropical Soils, Singapore, 2, pp. 97-108.
- Kim, B. I., Jeon, S. I. and Lee, M. S. (2006), "Comparison of Field Bearing Capacity Tests to Evaluate the Field Application of Dynamic Cone Penetrometer Test", Journal of Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 75-85.
- Koo, J.-K, Yi, C.-T (2003), "Correlations between the CPT and the SPT for the Residual Soil in Korea", Journal of Korea institute for Structural Maintenance Inspection, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 231-239.
- Kweon, B. S. (2009), "캄보디아 송변전망 건설 프로젝트에 적용된 Dynamic Cone Penetration Test 사례 및 향후 활용방안", Korean Geotechnical Society Journal, Vol. 25, No. 11, pp. 30-35.
- Lunne, T., Robertson, P. K. and Powell John J. M. (1997), "Cone Penetration Testing in Geotechnical Practice", Blackie Academic and Professional, London. UK.
- Luo X., Salgado R. and Altschaeffl A. G. (1998), "Dynamic Cone Penetration Test to Assess the Mechanical Properties of the Subgrade Soil", Purdue Univ., FHWA/IN/JTRP-98/13, final report.
- Meigh, A. C. and Nixon, I. K. (1961) Comparison of In Situ Tests for Granular Soils, Proc. 5th Int. Conf. on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Paris, Vol. 1, pp. 499-507.
- Meyerhof, G. G. (1956) Penetration tests and bearing capacity of cohesionless soils, Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, Vol. 82, No SM1, January, 866, pp. 1-18.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2011), "포장 하부구조 다짐관리 잠정지침".
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2012), "도로설계기준", pp.7.10-7.17.
- Oh, H.-J. (2010), "Reliability Analysis and Resistance Characteristics of Dynamic Cone Penetration according to Ground Characteristics", Master Thesis, Korea National Univ. of Transportation.
- Oh, H.-J., Lee, B.-J., Lee, J.-K. and Oh, S.-U. (2009), "Relationship between the DCPT and the SPT", Korean Geo-Environmental Conference, pp.132-135.
- Scala, A. J. (1956), "Simple Methods of Flexible Pavament Design Using Cone Penetrometers", Proc. 2nd Australian-New Zealand Conf. Soil Mech and Found Engeg.
- Schmertmann, J. H. (1970), "Static cone to compute static settlement over sand", ASCE Journal of Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, Vol.96, No.SM3, May, pp.1011-1043.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (2001), "Standard Test Method for Use of the Dynamic Cone Penetrometer in Shallow Pavement Applications", ASTM D 6951-03, http://www.astm.org/
- 奥西一夫, 飯田智之 (1978), "愛知県小原村周辺の山崩れについて(I), 斜面形土層構造と山崩れについて", 京大防災研年報, 21B-1, pp.297-311.
- 木村好延, 谷垣勝久 (2012), "河川堤防における簡易動的 コーン貫入試験の実施例", 全地連 技術フォーラム2012 新潟, CD-ROM.
- 小林豊, 谷内江敬太, 石尾政男, 小島一宏, 森本崇 (2012), "簡易動的コーン貫入試験の適用性について(その2)", 全地連 技術フォーラム2012 新潟, CD-ROM.
- 谷内江敬太, 松本和正, 石尾政男, 小林豊, 宮西広基, 森本崇 (2013), "簡易動的コーン貫入試験器の改良について", 全地連 技術フォーラム2013 長野, CD-ROM.
- Analysis of Correlation among Various Compaction Evaluation Methods for Estimating of the Bearing Capacity on Subgrades vol.14, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2015.14.4.045