- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Gait Characteristics and Interaction among Bilateral Lower Extremity Joints According to Shoe'S Heel Heights in Young Women
젊은 성인 여성의 구두 힐 높이 별 보행특성 및 하지관절 간 상호작용 비교분석
- Hyun, Seung-Hyun (Department of Physical Education, College of Natural Science, Jeju National University) ;
- Ryew, Che-Cheong (Department of Physical Education, College of Natural Science, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2014.09.25
- Accepted : 2014.11.17
- Published : 2014.12.31
The purpose of this study was to analyze the gait characteristics and interaction between lower extremity joints according to shoe's heel heights in young women. Participants were selected as subject consisted of young and healthy women (age:
- Abdel-Aziz, Y. I., & Karara, H. M. (1971). Direct liner transformation from comparator into object space coordinates incloserange photogrammetry. Proceeding of the Symposium on close-range Photogrammetry(1-18). Falls church, VA: American society of photogrammetry.
- Buzzi, U. H., Stergiou, N., Kurz, M. J., Hageman, P. A., & Heidel, J. (2003). Nonlinear dynamics indicates aging affects variability during gait. Clinical Biomechanics, 18(5), 435-443. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(03)00029-9
- Cho, S. M., Kim, H. S., & Koh, A. R. (2009). A qualitative study on the psychological meanings of wearing female high-heeled shoes. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(9), 1361-1373. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.9.1361
- Choi, S. H., & Chun, H. S. (2009). The relationship between shoe wearing trait and foot shape of women in their twenties. The Research Journal of the costume Culture, 17(1), 68-75.
- Cronin, N. J., Barrett, R. S., & Carty, C. P. (2012). Long-term use of high-heeled shoes alters the neuromechanics of human walking. Journal of Applied Physiology, 112(6), 1054-1058. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.01402.2011
- Dawson, J., Thorogood, M., Marks, S., Juszczak, E. D., Dodd, C., Lavis, G., & Fitzpatrick, R. (2002). The prevalence of foot problems in older women: a cause for concern. Journal of Public Health, 24(2), 77-84. https://doi.org/10.1093/pubmed/24.2.77
- Ebbeling, C. J., Hamill, J., & Crussemeyer, J. A. (1994). Lower extremity mechanics and energy cost of walking in highheeled shoes. Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy, 19(4), 189-223. https://doi.org/10.2519/jospt.19220.127.116.11
- England, S. A., & Granata, K. P. (2007). The influence of gait speed on local dynamic stability of walking. Gait & Posture, 25(2), 172-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2006.03.003
- Frey, C., Thompson, F., & Smith, J. (1995). Update on women's footwear. Foot & Ankle, 16(6), 328-331. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110079501600603
- Gefen, A., Megido-Ravid, M., Itzchak, Y., & Arcan, M. (2002). Analysis of muscular fatique and foot stability during highheeled gait. Gait & Posture, 15(1), 56-63. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(01)00180-1
- Hatze, H. (1997). A three-dimensional multivariate model of passive human joint torques and articular boundaries. Clinical Biomechanics, 12(2), 128-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(96)00058-7
- Hyun, S. H., & Ryew, C. C. (2014). Investigation of the ground reaction force parameters according to the shoe's heel heights and landing distance during downward stairs on bus. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 24(2), 151-160. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.2.151
- Hyun, S. H., Lee, A. R., & Ryew, C. C. (2013). The effect on the change of shoe's heel heights & body weights for dynamic balance during gait motions in women. The official Journal of the Korean Academy of Kinesiology, 15(3), 79-90.
- Hyun, S. H., Lee, A. R., & Ryew, C. C. (2014). Analysis of the ground reaction force parameters according to the change of position and weights of bag during downward stairs between dominant and non-dominant in upper & lower limbs. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 24(1), 43-50. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2014.24.1.043
- Lee, Y. C., Lee, D. Y., & Cho, H. H. (2013). Analysis of three-directional ground reaction force and dynamic stability according to locomotion speed. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 52, 861-868.
- Menz, H. B., & Morris, M. E. (2005). Footwear characteristics and foot problems in older people. Gerontology, 51(5), 346-351. https://doi.org/10.1159/000086373
- Nyska, M., McCabe, C., Linge, K., & Klenerman, L. (1996). Plantar foot pressures during treadmill walking with high-heel and low-heel shoes. Foot & Ankle International, 17(11), 662-666. https://doi.org/10.1177/107110079601701103
- Park, J. J. (2009). A comparative analysis on changes of foot pressure by shoe heel height during walking. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 19(4), 771-778. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2009.19.4.771
- Perry, J. (1992). Gait analysis-normal and pathological function. New Jersey: SLACK.
- Perry, J., & Burnfield, J. M. (2010). Gait analysis: normal and pathological function. 2nd edition. Thorofare, new Jerysey: Slack, Inc.
- Plagenhoef, S. C., Evans, F. G., & Abdelnour, T. (1983). Anatomical data for analyzing human motion. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 54(2), 169-178. https://doi.org/10.1080/02701367.1983.10605290
- Ryew, C. C., & Hyun, S. H. (2013). Kinetic comparison of the gait pattern by body weights and shoe's heel heights in the 20's age women. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 51, 563-575.
- Ryu, J. S. (2007). Nonlinear time series analysis of dynamic stability during human walking at the preferred speed. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 46(2), 431-439.
- Ryu, J. S. (2009a). The temporal coordination of the lower extremity by increasing high-heel height during walking. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 19(3), 593-601. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2009.19.3.593
- Ryu, J. S. (2009b). The effect of walking with high-heel shoes on local dynamic stability. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 48(1), 431-438.
- Ryu, J. S. (2010). Effects of high-heeled shoe with different height on the balance during standing and walking. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 20(4), 479-486. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2010.20.4.479
- Scott, S. H., & Winter, D. A. (1990). Interner forces at chronic running injury sites. Medicine Science Sports Exercise, 22(3), 357-369.
- Speksnijder, C. M., Vd Munckhof, R. J. H., Moonen, S. A., & Walenkamp, G. H. (2005). The higher the heel the higher the forefoot-pressure in ten healthy women. The Foot, 15(10, 17-21. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foot.2004.10.001
- Stefanyshyn, D. J., Nigg, B. M., Fisher, V., O'Flynn, B., Liu, W. (2000). The influence of high heeled shoes kinematics, kinetics, and muscle EMG of normal female gait. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 16(3), 309-319.
- Ucanlk, G. M., & Peterson, D. R. (2006). Knee and ankle deviations during high-heeled gait. Bioengineering Conference: Proceedings of the IEEE 32nd Annual Northeast, 17-18.
- Valentini, R., Martinelli., B., Mezzarobba, S., Mezzarobba, A., DeMichiel, M., & Toffano, M. (2009). Optokinetic analysis of gait cycle during walking with 1cm-2cm-high heel lifts. The Foot, 19(1), 44-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foot.2008.09.002
- Wang, Y., Pascoe, D. D., Kim, C. K., & Xu, D. (2001). Force-patterns of heel strike and toe off on different heel heights in normal walking. Foot & Ankle International, 22(6), 486-492.
- Whittle, M. W. (1990). Gait analysis: an introduction. Oxford Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Yoon, J. G., Kim, M. K., Kim, E. H., Jung, H. J., Lee, S. B., & Yoo, K. T. (2010). The analysis of lower limb muscle activity according to change weight and high-heeled height during walking. The official Journal of the Korean Academy of Kinesiology, 12(1), 65-72.
- Yoon, S. H. (2008). The effect of stair depth on ground reaction force parameters: Asymmetric and Variability Indices. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 18(1), 169-178. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2008.18.1.169
- Effect on the parameters of the high-heel shoe and transfer time of ground reaction force during level walking vol.12, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12965/jer.1632592.296
- Comparative Analysis of Gait Parameters and Symmetry between Preferred Walking Speed and Walking Speed by using the Froude Number vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2016.26.2.221
- Relationship between Dimensionless Leg Stiffness and Kinetic Variables during Gait Performance, and its Modulation with Body Weight vol.26, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2016.26.3.249